7F91A598237

May this be added to the registry if not already?

It is on the national database as of 9/1/19, in Chester, VA

That is interesting as I do have the Certificate of Title. A image of the door tag taken by the inspection agency that appraised the car. Might the other one been a typo or some other issue? https://www.flickr.com/photos/184434142@N04/48794835902/. Iconic Motor Car Inspection is located in Los Angeles County.

I think I see what may have happened in this tread. The potential previous buyer may have gotten a bit too eager having put the car into the registry before having ever acquired it. 1967 Cougar 289-4v V-8 - #7 by markcorv - Classic Cougars for Sale - Classic Cougar Community Forum

All that Jim Pinkerton is saying is that the VIN is currently in the National Database. He did not say who sent the number in. It could have been a past owner. It could have been a potential buyer. It could have just been someone that happened upon the car. Those of us who have been involved in the collecting of VINs for some time will have submitted many VINs to the database that we have never owned. Back in the day when there were still salvage yards around with Cougars in them I would gather every VIN that I could and send it in. If I would see a Cougar on the street or at a car show and I could get the VIN I would submit it to the database. There are a few other people who regularly cruise online sites with cars for sale looking for VINs. Phil Parcells (National Database Manager) is not very fussy where the VINs come from just as long as he gets them. I recently sent Phil a VIN from a parts car that I recently bought. In the course of our conversation he told me that there were 129 VINs on the database attributed to me. Now I have owned quite a few Cougars over the years but I know I have not owned that many. I can only imagine haw many VINs can be attributed to Don Rush.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Ok, cool. Thank you, Randy. Guess I’m a little to quick with the detective work in arriving at potentialities.