94 Lincoln town car 4R70W transmission

You are very welcome. I’ll help you in any way I can. If you would like to discuss offline, just message me you phone number.

Sounds great.

I’m sorry but with this new form layout. How do you send a private message?:woozy_face:

Click on their name and then click on the box that says message.

:+1:
Thanks

Well
I finally got my transmission back last night (AOD from a 1991 crown vic) from a tranny guy who did it on his off hours. He called me over last week to show me how it was inside. There still were part number on most of the clutches. He said it was in excellent shape. I asked him to order the 2” overdrive band. Which he did and ordered a gasket and seal kit. When I picked it up last night he explained that the 2” band would not fit on the stock drum. I was told to upgrade to a 2” overdrive band by a few people. No one ever said that I have to by a drum to match. Lol oh well. It’s back together and ready for the install.
I pulled my FMX out today and will modify the transmission support.
I will have to cut and shorten one of my stainless steel coolant lines. Not sure how I’m going to do that.
So
I should be able to use my flex plate and the stick spacer plate between the motor and flex plate correct?
Is there anything else I need to do before I put the transmission on the jack and install it?]

After how long and finally transplanted the AOD into my convertible. Easier then I thought it would be. Thanks to all of you for your advice and a special thank you to superchicken89 as he answered all my texts for the past few months
All I have to do is fine tune the shifting pattern. Have to wait until the snow is off the roads.

See I told you it was easy :grinning: You are very welcome for the help. That is what this community is all about.

I couldn’t wait so I took her out just to see how it will shift. Seemed to shift not bad but 3rd shifted around 30 and seem to rev high. So I just parked her until I get the transmission guy to adjust it

Finally got my pressure tester. Hooked it up and it’s a good thing I did. Watching videos and reading on how to install the Lokar tv cable was helpful but did not tell or show you that you should add a return spring to the lever down at the transmission( the lever would spring back but not all the way). When reading the pressure in neutral it was at 0 with the adjuster tool on the cable. Adjusted the cable so know I have 36 with the tool and 0 without. When the snow clears I’ll take her for a ride and check the shifting

Here we go again!
Just took the car out for the second time after the rebuilt AOD transmission was installed 2 months ago.
And again the car once in drive start to over rev like it’s in neutral!
Had a pressure tester on it and had it setup at 36.
I may have driven 1 mile in total.
What might be wrong and did I drive it far enough to screw up the transmission?

When does the transmission “neutral out”? In all forward gears or just certain gears? If 1st and 2nd gears don’t “neutral out” but 3rd and OD do, the problem may be with the direct clutch engagement. Could be as simple as the valve body may not have been torqued correctly, defective torque converter, or the direct clutch assembly has an issue. I suggest talking to your transmission rebuilder.

It works in 1st and 2nd. And yes he’ll have to come over and check it out. If I put a gauge on the transmission would it tell me something if I check each gear?