About the other Cougar Site.

I was just wondering how at all hours of the day the other Cougar Site always shows view counts of over 50+ people viewing any given forum topic. It must be auto generated. Does anyone know? I just thought it was funny.

Not sure but the other site is more active, at least more folks post and such compared to here. So I visit both.

I can’t speak for the way they generate their numbers, but since we do not have any advertising, there is no incentive for us to try to inflate any of the numbers to impress potential advertisers. We make it hard for spammers or robots to register. We could add a ton of “new members” if we allowed those registrations. We also do not count visits from robots to the number of views we show for threads.

I have to say that I do find it interesting that MC.Net has continued to enjoy as much support as it has given Vertical Scope’s complete lack of effort in improving it in any way. Never the less, there is a huge and valuable store of information there and I hope it never goes away.

Especially with that “heavy-handed” mod they have over there, sheesh! :buck:

It’s definitely QUALITY over QUANTITY here.

Get down with your bad rationalization bro!

I disagree. That I’m sure is no surprise though.

There’s another site?

I go over there and look around maybe once a week to see if I’ve missed anything so I guess I could be one of the 50.

I agree…

With Mark.

:beerchug:

OF COURSE you do!!!

I’m sorry to hear that considering you’ve been doing so well over the last several weeks/months. :biggrin2:

I have no idea as I haven’t been there in about a year.
I can’t stand looking at something that is a shell of its former glory.