Adjusting the side mirror

Thought I’d wake up this sleepy registry with a quick question for my fellow G owners…what is the best way to adjust the side mirror? Mine points down and is not corrected by a finger push to the top. I’m going to have to adjust it some how so I thought I’d ask the experts before I tore into it…

Thoughts, insights, snide comments?

Are the remote cables hooked? If so, is the remote in the proper position? There is a cut out in the door panel that it “locks” in to.
Hopefully I am understanding your question correctly.

As Scott stated above I would start at the remote. When you move it does the mirror move at all?
Steven

I was also thinking that maybe he is talking about adjusting the chrome ring on the mirror. If that is the case, you take a Phillips screw driver and slightly loosen the set screw in the painted end of the mirror and then you can move the chrome ring. Don’t forget to tighten it back up when you are done.

Haven’t touched anything yet. I assume the chrome ring is fine in its current position, just the control cables are bound up or something. Will start with the inside and see how it goes. Nothing unique or specific about this style mirror?

It depends on how you look at it. They do not come apart very easily, so be careful you do not get too aggressive.
Good luck with it Frank.
I may have some pictures of one off a car, that might be helpful. Let me know if you want me to post them.

I had to rotate the chrome ring to get the correct adjustment…all better now

Glad you got it to work, Frank.