AFN 2020

They just announced that the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle is now rescheduled to July 31st to August 2nd.

I was waiting for them to postpone the show. They already postponed the Spring show twice and the Import show once. So what does this do for anyone plans? If the new dates stand will you still attend?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

This puts it in the definite maybe category.

I still plan to attend, it is also the same weekend as the Mecum Harrisburg Auction.

Assuming that they both do not get cancelled.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I am still planning to attend

Well Mecum announced today that Harrisburg 2020 is postponed, date to be announced hopefully Carlisle All Ford is not affected.

This may work out ok as I had hoped to put what I drove back from Arizona in January into the Mecum Harrisburg auction.

Carlisle postponed the Spring show to June 17-21. They are advertising the show on local radio. I talked with another vendor who had a conversation with some Carlisle personnel who said the show is going to happen. So if the spring show goes off okay I would think that the new Ford dates will hold. Unless of course this virus thing takes a major turn for the worse.

On another note the Hershey Region of the AACA announced about a week ago that they were cancelling the big Fall Hershey show. For those who have never attended that show it is larger than the Fall Carlisle show.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Well the spring show started yesterday, Wednesday. By noon yesterday the PA Dept of Health had filed suit against Carlisle Events over holding the event. They claim it violates the state policy of no gatherings of more than 250 people being allowed. The outcome is still to be determined.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

CARLISLE, Pa. —
A hearing on the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s request to shut down a car show in Carlisle over COVID-19 concerns ended Thursday with no ruling.

For now, Spring Carlisle is still underway at the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

Lawyers are expected to return to Commonwealth Court on Friday to continue arguments about the matter.

The Health Department is suing Carlisle Events, the organizer of the automotive flea market, claiming it’s violating the 250-person limit on gatherings in the green phase of the governor’s reopening plan.

A Carlisle Events spokesman said the show is safe because there aren’t more than 250 people in one area at at one time. He also said there are sanitizing stations.

The car show started Wednesday and is scheduled to continue through Saturday.

The hearing today ended with no ruling because the lawyer representing Carlisle had to recuse himself due to his also doing work for the state of PA. Carlisle Events was given time to retain a new lawyer.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Update. Prior to going to trial on Friday the state and Carlisle Events reached an agreement. No information on what that agreement says were released. However the state did back off and allow Carlisle to continue to host shows this season. So unless something really goes bad it looks like the Ford show will go on as scheduled.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95