Anyone else sick of Cougar sites on Facebook

We now have a multitude of Cougar related sites on Facebook. Most of them are getting filled with crap like “motor monday” “side shot saturday”

At least there are some of moderated sites, like the GT-E site, that keep their nonsense posts to a minimum

I’ve just unfollowed a couple of them so now my Facebook will just be limited to posts I want to see and those relating to the self destruction of the US

I’m guessing the self-destruction of the US will form the majority of your newsfeed for the foreseeable future!

Interspersed with the occasional video of someone blowing something up or doing something stupid

The amount of misinformation is staggering.

There seems to be a bunch of people that are on there that aren’t on here. When promoting an event I tend to post a link to the info on here versus writing it fresh on Facebook. I’d rather do my Cougar business here. But, there are just so many people that live on Facebook.

Honestly, I really don’t find content beyond pictures of food, cars, pictures of people I don’t know, dumb sayings, and God-awful political BS that makes me not like people anymore on FB. I have yet to find real content that interests me anywhere there – I come to my Forums for my car fixes/info. Lotta people dig it tho, just not me.

What is this Facebook you speak of? Sorry I refuse. In addition to the comments above there are so many people so worried about their on line persona that they can’t function in person.

Unfortunately many people do not seem capable of using a real computer anymore and I finally gave into the pressure to create a company site. It has been good for advertising products and introducing new stuff and I find that people will click a LIKE button rather than write a comment on my real site. Funny thing is, 99 times out of 100 if a company I want to do business with sends me to a facebook page instead of a real website I don’t figure they are professional and don’t bother to go.

When I went to create the company site facebook insisted that I create a personal site first. I only did it because I discovered that I don’t have to keep FB apprised of all my comings and goings, likes and dislikes, every picture I take and what I had for each meal!

Now, if I could just get people to email me at my email address like I ask instead of posting questions as comments on unrelated facebook pictures… As a matter of fact, the facebook icon on my website gives my contact info, not a facebook link.

Oh, and I would love to find one of the people that facebook keeps saying are waiting for me to post something and update my facebook page.

I do ‘Like’ some pages or groups, but that is just to show some support for whatever they are doing. I don’t ‘follow’ any of them.

But as far as my personal life goes, I am a member of the

crowd.

There’s a GT-E Facebook page? And I did not make the cut?

I tried facebook once as a means to help promote my album and after just two hours I shut down my account. After seeing random conversations start appearing, and trying to remind those people who generally use it to show people how “cool” they are (here I am posting a selfie in front of my broken down car while throwing gang signs and waiting on a tow truck-no joke it really got posted), that the page was to promote my music, I had enough. But not before I let the suburban white gangster rapper wannabe with the broken down car know what a douche he was. I would like to post a morning after shot in response to the “look at what I am about to eat” posts.

Lately, crimes of petty theft, loitering, drunk and disorderly in public…etc, have been down in Massachusetts. This is because the state gave every welfare rat a cel phone with internet access. Now, they just spend all day and night on Facebook posting every non-contructive moment of their lives which is 24/7. Since they lay around even more, perhaps they’ll fatten-up into those clothes that are 4 times larger than proper fit.

I do not do Facebook. I think it is a total waste of time myself. I have a phone to call my friends and family, and if I want to see them, I go visit them. I do all of my Cougar business here. I enjoy this website. To me, this is the real place to be for any and all Cougar related business. Just my two cents worth.

1 Like

Facebook will be the downfall of civilization; civility at the least. I do not use it and do not intend to…ever. Same with Twitter.

Facebook is for playing games and my political group (keeps friends with other beliefs ignorant and happy)

I join in on the stuff that Leon doesn’t like just to piss him off.

:poke:

Nah, I agree, there are too many. I do join in on occasion. It’s the only exposure I can get my car these days. But I know where the real information can be found. :thumbup:

I try to stick with just a few Cougar groups (Eliminator Enthusiasts group and the Cougarholics group). I belong to many others, and have a ton of FB “Friends”, but I don’t follow most of the feeds. There are only a few people and pages that I truly follow and converse with regularly.
I also try to stay away from the “Motor Monday” sort of posts, but do find myself joining in, or just appreciating a sweet car on occasion.

A coworker was telling me that there is a Facebook app called Facebook Groups, that only feeds you the posts from your groups. So you don’t actually have a “Wall” full of random posts from your various “Friends”. This would also cut down on me getting dragged into political stuff (I’m weak and sometimes cannot keep from posting when I read something I disagree with - but in my defense I strive to stay respectful and courteous).

Anyhow, I really would like to spend more time here, but there just isn’t as much going on here as there is on FB - and that is also the drawback of FB, in that it can and does become a massive time-sink! BUT, I do check in here every day and usually at least twice a day - I don’t want to miss anything :wink:

I agree. My old high school friends have tried to get me to join, and my response is always <“I don’t want to read how you’re doing, I want to hear how you’re doing.” Besides, it takes longer to type than to speak.

Not that I’m a big Facebook advocate, but there are settings for you to control who can post on your timeline. Like it or not, it’s a pretty inexpensive way to reach thousands of people. Don’t miss out on the opportunity just because you don’t like the platform.

I tend to lose patience with things pretty easily sometimes, so that situation was just as much my fault as anything else to be sure. I just can’t seem to wrap my brain around the whole “twitter, facebook, social media” thing. I know the younger crowd has gravitated towards it. But I also think that this is part of the reason that the younger crowd has trouble in person to person situations. And that doesn’t even begin to cover how they tend to melt down if a)confronted and b)not getting their way or getting what they want immediately.

I’m starting up a social media app called “Get off my damn lawn”; anyone interested?