April 2013 Ride of the Month Nominations are Now OPEN

We got started late this time so we are going to extend the nominating period a little bit!

April 2013 Ride of the Month!
All you need to do is to identify the car and the owner. A picture of the car would be helpful if you can locate one.

As a reminder, here is how it works:

You can nominate any Cougar, even your own. All nominations must be seconded.

We will nominate cars until the 27th of the month,
then vote from the 27th to the 1st of the following month, and announce the winner.

A new thread honoring the winner will go up just as quickly afterwards as possible. Then we start all over again.

The winning car will be pictured at the top of the Forums header for the month, and then included in the ROTM calendar. (To be included you must have rights to the photograph you want to use!)

The CCC.COM Ride of the Month is officially sponsored by:
West Coast Classic Cougars!
ROM Winners get:

Free Shipping on any order in the 48 states or a huge shipping discount on shipping any where else in the world.

A genuine WCCC Tee Shirt

A genuine WCCC Hat

Anything else Don feels like tossing into the box for free. (like packing peanuts or air? LOL!)

I’m going to nominate Jody’s 1968 1st generation convertible. How did Mark say it? Oh I remember: Anyone can restore a classic… it takes a real man to cut one up. This Cougar is well done with it’s mods.
Steven

I’ll second that one!

Thanks, guys. I’m honored.

Jody, please post more pictures. Especially the interior and the vert mods. Info too please ? I like your seats and did not know much other than the vert switch. Cool car!

Has Bill B’s XR-7 428cj G car won ROTM yet? If not, I’ll nominate that beauty.

Yep: December 2011 Ride of the Month: Bill Basore's 428CJ XR7-G - Ride of the Month - Classic Cougar Community Forum

And the obligatory engine compartment shot:

A brief history of my car:

I purchased this J-code, mostly original 68 XR7 from Don Rush (West Coast Classic Cougar) in 2004. The car has been my daily driver ever since, going through a number of mods and repairs along the way. First came some basic bodywork and fresh Augusta Green paint. I converted to an AOD a few years later, and then when that died, I went ahead and switched over to DIY shifting via a T5. Along the way, the original 4V intake was replaced with my version of tri-power using Autolite 2100 carbs. The Lucas driving lights were something I had pulled off a junkyard Cougar way back in high school (yes, I know, I was young and stupid then!) Seeing pics of Bill’s CatVert and some ever increasing rust bubbles under the vinyl top prompted me to pull the trigger on the convertible conversion. Of course, once the top was off, the condition of the interior became painfully obvious so I went ahead and installed new carpet and rather than pay to recover the leather seats, I swapped in front and rear seats from a Jaguar, picking up seat heaters as a nice bonus.

I really like the seats. Any real issues fitting the back seat?

Looks like a little trouble with the front of the oval air cleaner.

IF we don’t have more nominations then Jody will win by acclimation.

I’m OK with that. :beerchug:

sounds good to me too!

Well, I said we would do this until the 27th, and it is the 27th. And I really really have a soft spot for anything with three 2V carbs and a soft top…

So…

April Ride of the Month is:

But we can’t post this until it’s April!

I was gonna suggest that sweet Blue 69 Sports Special but I’ll save it for next month.

Congratulations Jody! :ylsuper:
Steven

WOW, I won something! (even if it was by default)!

The back portions fit perfectly as to width, but I had to take off about 3.5 inches of the bottom of each section. The bottom is actually the cougar seat frame recovered with new leather sewn to match the Jaguar pattern.

Oh, as to the air cleaner, it was too high and rubbed on the hood. Notice the hood blanket is gone as well (it now lives happily on Brian Carpenter’s G).

LOL, Conga-rats, Jody! Really is a sharp car!