Backing Plates for Legendary Aluminum Wheels

I had 14" steel Magnum 500 wheel with the walking cat center caps. I switched to 15" Scott Drake Legendary aluminum Magnum 500 wheels and the backing plates interfere with the front dust caps. My plates look to be modified (ground down) so it doesn’t appear they can be altered any further to gain the necessary clearane. Has anyone run into this problem with the aluminum Legenday wheels?

Do the center cap adaptors that WCCC for the legendary wheels #30956 work on the legendary magnum 500 wheels #20679? They only list GT9 wheels. WCCC didn’t really answer my question.

I have Legendary Wheels and did have an interference issue with stock hubs and stock dust caps. Not sure if a shorter dust cap would be available to correct the cover screws from hitting the cap. I have gone to Wilwood aluminum hubs and brakes which require a wheel spacer to clear the hub.

Yes the center cap backing plates #30956 are the fix to your problem. They sit a little deeper in the center hub opening to give clearance for the dust cap. I had the same problem with the Legendary magnum 500’s.

mr_580,
Can you explain what you mean by your Wildwood hubs and brakes needing a wheel spacer to clear the hub? Are you indicating that the dust cap protrudes beyond the hub opening of the wheel? How thick of a spacer did it require?

I appreciate any reply as I have a Wildwood hub/brake system and I am looking to purchase to install Legendary Magnum 500’s. I didn’t foresee this potential issue.

I have a Wilwood Kit #140-11071 on my 68 XR7 and that kit comes with qty 2 part #300-11961 spacer .20”. If my memory is correct I needed 2 per side for clearance of the hub on the 15” Legendary wheels I’m running and I got 2 more from Summit. I’m using BFG T/A 215/65R 15’s without an issue unless I really getting after it and hit a bump. Then it has hit the wheel opening molding slightly. When I replace the TA’s I’ll likely drop to 60’s on front. I’m also using 1” drop coils on front. The spacer issue is detailed on Wilwood’s instructions for the kit. Real happy with Wilwood’s over the offshore disc brake kit I had before. Probably have 5,000 miles on it over last 3 years. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks Frank

Actually I ended up buying the #30956 adaptor plates and as you said they are deeper and actually are too deep so that the center cap wouldn’t tighten to the wheel. It was loose by about an 1/16"-1/8". I ended up shimming the plate away from the wheel hub so that the cap could be tighten securely. It seems strange that the Scott Drake aluminum Legendary Wheels have this problem with the Scott Drake center caps. The lack of foresight to engineer the wheels to work with their center caps is BS. Not impressed!