"Barn Find" GT-E coming to ebay..

The reserve has been met. John

Hmm…$37K–I want to buy it! Wonder what it’ll end up going for?

Brian you might be on target with your price “bet”. This GT-E is at $37,200 right now and last year saw the red GT-E sell at Mecum for $36,000.

This current “Barn Find” GT-E is a nice car and I think it will pass $40,000 easily.
Steven

Speaking of the smog equipment, the passenger side is incorrect, the tube and check valve are wrong, possibly for a Galaxie, or a 1967 Calif… Cougar

This one is starting to show up on the “Barn Find” pages and other forums.

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/03/18/factory-427-1968-mercury-cougar-xr-7-gt-e-project/

[quote=“cobrasc427”]Speaking of the smog equipment, the passenger side is incorrect, the tube and check valve are wrong, possibly for a Galaxie, or a 1967 Calif… Cougar

Good call. I thought something did not look right.

Were all of the GT-E models built in Dearborn? If not, it seems odd that this car was sold new in CA but not built in San Jose?

I’m 95% sure they were all born in Dearborn. Maybe 99% sure. :bloated:

All built in Dearborn. And welcome Desert Guy!

Thanks to you both!

I’ve watched Don Rush’s video of Brian’s sale of Gunnar at Barrett-Jackson many times, including again yesterday. Brian, how can you resist this GT-E? It needs you!

His wife threatened him with “men in white coats”…

Or lawyers in dark suits.

I think he’s secretly bidding.

Well whoever buys it, unless they are just going to repair and drive is in for at least $50K in restoration costs. We won’t have too long to wait to see what it ultimately goes for.

It would be kind of fun to have a “beater” GT-E.

Sold for $45,100.00

Six pages of speculation, and once it sells, no more comments. Strange behavior, I guess the thrill is gone!

Unless someone signs on and says they bought it, it gets moved to the old news category.

I can’t wait to see the car resurrected some day, but it is quite possible that this car will not be exposed for a lot of years while a restoration happens…it can take a while :bloated:

Either that or the rumor mill will spill it (and no, it sure wasn’t me!) or we’ll get to see it driving around soon

This 45k selling price is a sign that the market is very strong, though. The rare cars are doing very very well in the marketplace. Remember, Gunner’s sale was really near a bottom in this recent (supposed) downturn in the collector car market. If anything, what has been happening is that most of the more commonly traded cars had to get adjusted a bit, but the really rare blue chip collectables have been seen as a great safe-haven for investors in an uncertain ( but possibly explosive) inflationary period of our economic history.

I’m still just dumfounded at the price on the Mecum car from last year…

Car is being sent to Australia – headsup out there leon !