• 69-70 Comp Orange
  • 69 Bright Yellow
  • 70 Comp Blue
  • 70 Pastel Blue
  • 70 Comp Gold
  • 70 Comp Green
  • 70 Comp Yellow

0 voters

Maybe there is no “best” color. Just vote for your favorite.

I guess I’m a bit biased … lol

Depends upon which year Eliminator. I would not cross colors between the years.

I like Competition Green, but would not paint a 1969 Eliminator that color.

I like most of the 1970 Eliminator colors better than the 1969 colors.

I think that you are missing one of color, aren’t there 9 between the two years of Eliminators, not counting the special paint black ones?

I agree with keeping the colors with their proper year. When I went to vote, I realized I liked one 70 color and one 69 color so I changed the poll to allow two choices.

I may have missed a color. Were the yellows different 69 to 70?

Yes,
Code 9 is Bright Yellow in 1969.
Code D is Competition Yellow in 1970.

Thanks Scott. Fixed the poll, but I guess everyone needs to vote again.

I voted 69 white, but I have an orange 70.

Well guys, I have to say the best color is Black …………… they made 3 Special Paint Black Eliminators,’

1-1970 428 CJ 4 Speed Special Paint Black Eliminator

1-1970 428 SCJ 4 Speed Special Paint Black Eliminator

1-1970 Boss 302 4 Speed, Special Paint Black Eliminator

My favorite Non- Black Eliminator would ge Comp Blue : )

I thought gold would be more popular. Password for action!

This is what I was looking for !

Obviously I have some bias.

Maybe there’s enough interest to do a GTE poll!

Scott, I know you know the Black 428 cars were both SCJ’s: 1 with 3.91’s, 1 with 4.30’s

Personally, I like the 1 known Silver car best.

But given the “standard” colors, I’m torn between Comp Orange and Comp Green >.<

Thought I would revive this old thread now that I found the only known 1970 special paint Red Eliminator. 428CJ auto with a long list of options. Was sitting in a barn in Texas for over 35 years. Originally sold at Southwest Lincoln Mercury in Houston, TX. Hoping to work it into the restoration schedule next year.

Nice find John, congrats. We all look forward to seeing the car through the restoration process and the finished product.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I was never into the psychedelic colors so that is a winner to me.
I guess that is why I would never consider an Eliminator unless it was white.

Changing my vote to red!

Not sure about '70, but red was the most popular Mach I color in '69. It probably would have been a popular Eliminator color.

That will be one amazing Eliminator when restored!

Just saw this… it’s a tough question! But I voted for Comp. Orange. It’s just a bright slap-you-in-the-face color that goes so well with the bold black striping. I really like the Comp. Green and Blue too though, and yellow looks great on a '69. I wouldn’t refuse any [standard] color Eliminator, really.

Amazing find John, I’m changing my vote to Red as well. Looks like a great car to drive as a survivor.

I’m looking forward to seeing your restoration progress. Certainly would be an amazing car to feature updates in ATSOTC.

www.CougarClub.org
:paw_prints:

Glad Ive got a ‘green’ one…