Better late than never

I bought my current Cougar back in June 2012 after I sold off my '68 GTO. I wanted to build a modified car and I couldn’t bring myself to change the GTO, so off it went. My son found this car on Craigslist, and we looked at it and bought it the same day. It was a one owner 16K mile car that had been driven from December 1968 until 2010 when the original owner past away. It spent its whole life 4 blocks from Wrigley Field. Her nephew kept the car in his garage for a couple years but decided he had no interest in keeping it. Very basic car, 351W 2bbl, FMX, 2.79 open rear end, PS, PDB, AM radio, wheel covers, whitewalls & vinyl top. The sides have been repaired and repainted due to bumps and scrapes in daily usage. Its original vinyl top and the interior are in amazing shape.

This is my third '69-'70 Cougar, a Dark Ivy, Gold Shelby Cloth '69 XR7 was my first car, followed by a Competition Yellow '70 428CJ Eliminator when I was 19. I kept the Eliminator through college and started on a resto after I graduated, but sold it disassembled to buy my first house. So it was 24 years between Cougars.

Its been 4 years since I bought the car and its been apart 3 years but we are in the detail & reassembly process, hoping to make the 50th show in Dearborn, but with guarded expectations of finishing in time.

Here are a couple of pics of my current Cat as purchased.

Very nice. Welcome back.

Yes, welcome back. What a nice, honest car!

I’m not a fan of the color blue. But dang! That car does it for me for some reason. Best of luck to you and your project!

A quick pic as it currently sits.

Saw the pics of your freshly painted brackets. It’s coming along quite nicely. I think that color looks great.

Very nice :exclamation:

Looking good Ed.
Steven