C6 Transmission faults

Well, I finally found a superb transmission rebuilder and it turned out my C6 was in quite a mess. No wonder the 1-2 shift didn’t work. Now that it is finally on the road I want to install Bilstein shocks, but search as I might I can’t find a supplier. Any thoughts folks ?
Thanks, Dale.

Bilstein shocks for the same year Mustang will fit and work. Are you sure? They are pretty common shocks.

Street or Track Racing carries the RCD/Bilstein shocks for Cougars (and Mustangs)

Did he mention what the fault was for the 1-2 shift?

Thanks Royce, I have now ordered a set. Re. C6. I had not realized; it wasn’t missing the 1-2 shift but missing 2nd altogether and going to 3rd once the revs reached that point. It had several faults. The torque converter was incorrect, leaking and badly fitted and the valve body was badly set up (due to my fiddling) The front band was bad and replaced. It now works perfectly.

Just curious who was the transmission builder what was the cost and where do you live
as your profile indicates you may live in the great white north and I’m looking for a good transmission guy
thanks for any info

HI. Sorry about the apparent nonresponse, but just read your request this morning. His name is Pete Wille, Phone 250 474 2980. He is in Victoria, BC. Cost was app. $2000.oo as it was quite a mess. I’m in Vancouver BC

thanks Dale