Call me crazy for thinking this?

Anyone ever thought of doing crazy things to their cougars or have done some crazy mods to their cougar? Couple things to spark some conversations…

1. Convert the headlights to look like the newer challenger headlights to make them look like mean eyes when they open.

2. Smooth out the bodyline that side arch on the 1969 and 1970 cougars. Dont get me wrong i love them, but often thought it could be a great look if smooth.

Anything else? Am I crazy for thinking this?

1 Like

I say go for it! This is a pretty mixed group here. Many of us prefer “factory appearing”, while some want a wicked personalized ride that makes a unique statement, or anywhere in between.

However, I think the majority agree that “it is your car so do what you want with it” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Put me in the “it’s your car…” category.

Rule of thumb is if it’s a rare Cougar don’t make changes that aren’t easily reversed.

I love hot rods and customs and I love concourse restored - below is a pic of a very cool highly modified Cougar that was at Carlisle a couple of years ago.

• Phillip

1 Like

This WAS bob gordons pro street before he sold it to the current owner who stuffed a bob kasse big block and repainted it.

thanks
pat

1 Like

It had a Kasse “Boss 547” in it at Carlisle.

This was in 2019

2 Likes

These are sick!! I thpught about these at one point, but they are pricey. Love that someone was able to pull them off in a cougar. Cougar dreamin’ for me

1 Like

I’d like to meet the minds of those who created these:

Full disclosure, I was not trying to copy the green one when I started mine. Saw it after mine was finished. But its :fire:

I don’t think it gets any cooler than “El Gato” -

1 Like

Nothing gets cool than el gato. That is what I was initially going to try and clone, but more than I could chew and also realized she was a 1 of 1 so ALL custom what if ghost cat with very little information. She was WAY before her time.

I’m doing a wee bit of custom interior on my 69 hard to and the grill too

Teasing… as we wait for pictures :camera_flash: :face_with_peeking_eye::grin:

Those look photoshopped to me.

I’ve always been about customising and my car has been customized since the early 80s. I always felt that doing things to set it apart from another one was the direction I wanted to go, up to the point of changing Cougar specific design cues. The headlights and taillights fall under that category. So, while we made numerous mods, the basic design of the headlights and taillights remained for the most part, untouched. Ditto for the bodyline along the bottom of the doors. If it was a 69 or 70, I would have left the arching bodyline alone too.

The top is for sure. Its from a video game. Nice to know someone mod’ed a cougar like that for a street racing game. Im not sure how i found that other one.

I diesel swapped an OM606 Mercedes Diesel into my 1968 C code. 35 mpg, and 400 hp at the wheels.

1 Like

Love this idea. Why not! I bet it looks sweet and clean in that bay.

Yeah, the 606 is such a simple engine, leaves plenty of room. I really didn’t want to mess with relocating the shock towers for a coyote swap

Would love to see pictures if you are up for sharing.

Looks pretty sweet if you ask me.

Like a 70 Marquis? beautiful car but the front end is hideous- I won if you could use the fenders, and quarters and skin the Cougar doors