Colorado Cougar Club - saying goodbye...

After 30 years and much reflection and discussion, the CCC Board Members have decided to terminate the Colorado Cougar Club. The changing of times and basic lack of interest in the club has lead to this decision. All club property will be dispersed at the board members discretion.

The Colorado Cougar Club name is NOT to be used on any on-line sites or any settings to give the idea that the club is valid and active. This includes the removal from FaceBook.

As always, we are all here to enjoy our classic Mercury Cougars and continue to purr on down the road.

Till next time…

Bill, Gary, Tom K, Glenn & Donna

GIANT sad face!

:cry:

I was shocked to receive the email about the Colorado Cougar Club. I have known Bill off and on for well over 20 years. Always willing to share his knowledge and support and a willingness just to chat. Times are indeed changing and the old car hobby is being affected in a number of different ways. Out of respect for Bill I won’t discuss what I feel lead to the dismissal/breakup of the club.
With My Respect,
Dave

Sorry to hear of the disbandment of the Colorado Cougar Club. Bill and the gang have tried hard to keep the club going, bringing it back from deep hibernation in the past.
As many of us know, volunteers are needed to help run and operate these organizations. I’ve always maintained that many hands mean little work. Unfortunately it is usually the opposite happening in our car clubs (few hands and lots of work).
Please support your local Cougar clubs.

In the almost 30 years (29 to be exact) we had a membership high of over 125 members. We never discriminated against anyone. Ownership was NOT required. I tried very hard to make it a family club.
The club did suffer under the guidance of others.
Some wanted strict rules (like kicking members out if they missed 3 meetings!), another wanted to be a dictator (even when the board voted 4 to 1 against the president , he pounded the table & stated “he didn’t care what the vote was” he was going to do what he wants. The board got up and left his house…

Now we have another unhappy person who after all this time wants to come out of the shadows and make snide comments…
same person whom never helped once with the club or events.
Funny that!!

I do take this very personally. I founded the club in my basement & spent countless days & weeks taking care of the club.
All these “others” have long gone, and have not helped the club in like 10+ years.

Sad day for the CCC, myself, my wife Donna (whom carried the shows for the last 5 years w/ no help), and others like Gary Wilmon.

These are the people whom deserve recognition & a great “THANKS” for all your years of help!!