Congrat's Bob E.

Bob, when I said this:

It would be cool to have more Cougars in print but the way print magazines are going that seems unlikely.

I was not making any kind of statement about your car not being print worthy, or your getting published being unlikely. I was talking about the demise of car magazines in general. Last year AMOS Publishing shut down seven automotive titles and that was just one publisher. Car magazines are disappearing faster than beer in a frat house. No magazines equals no articles, period. It isn’t about your car, and it isn’t about Cougars, it is just the outright collapse of the print magazine business model.

I don’t think any one thinks you are a scum bag because you want to see your car in print. I think pretty much everyone on here wants to see just about any Cougar get some print.

I do have one confession… Those voices… well at least the one that keeps saying: Sell your car to Bill for $1000, sell your car to Bill for $1000, sell your car to Bill for $1000. I may know something about that one. Do you know what it costs to do that subliminal suggestion stuff? IT ain’t cheap.

Everybody, if you want to get your car considered for publication in print or otherwise, you have to catch the editors attention. Rich Truesdell, who has put more Cougars on magazine covers than anyone else in the business, wrote a pretty informative article about how to do just that. Here are links to the article.

http://www.automotivetraveler.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=183&Itemid=124

http://www.automotivetraveler.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=210:catching-the-eye-of-an-editorpart-2&catid=42:the-rear-view-mirror&Itemid=131

Rob,

You’re going to get awfully fat eating that popcorn while waiting for the people that were really being addressed to respond (although thanks for the effort to deflect and not leave me twisting in the breeze Bill). It is cat and mouse, honesty and directness is always met with ignorance.

However, my posting this might bring them out since they will view it as a challenge and another opportunity for assail, so perhaps I may save you from yourself. Come to think of it, I could use a little of that myself…

Oh, what was this about again, Cougars? I had forgotten.

Bob, c’mon … lighten up and take the chip off your shoulder. You got the last part right it is about Cougars, lets keep it that way. You remind me of an expectant father. We will get to see the article or what ever it is, pretty soon. If some body has it and can scan it and send it to me I will post it.

Sorry Bill, I don’t do light.

Reminds me of the neighbor kid who would keep whacking my dog with a stick…

Pete,

Which am I, the dog or the kid? :buck:

Hell, I dunno, am I the stick?

Deep, Slow Breaths, Bob!

They Razz you cause they know you’ll react adversely. Me Thinks You got one hell of a spread worthy Cat, and the experience of putting it together, That’s all that should matter! :dogpile:

Bob, Sleepycat is right, you have one heck of a cat, worthy of being in any car mag. Hope to see the article soon.

oooh, i like this one…

me too

Thanks Sleepy and 2, I appreciate the kind words. I look forward to reading the piece as well. I went back an dug up the second email I sent (in July '11, partly why I was surprised). Will be interesting to see what they use and how they present it.

I’ll try and get a copy today and scan the article.
I wanna see it.

Congratulations Bob! I keep coming here to see if someone has posted the article. Good to see that you have a sense of humor.

[quote]Hell, I dunno, am I the stick?/quote] LOL, Seems odd that they are poking you with yourself. Sal

And here it is!

Congratulations to Isabel and Bob.

Thanks so much Bill! I just logged on to post my own scan (the mag showed up today). I’ll save them both and see which is better, probably yours. Thanks again.

Nice, Bob!

Good to see the article got posted Bob. Good read for the people that don’t know the story behind your Cougar. Beautiful car!
Steven

Congrats Bob. Getting a Cougar in print, even in today’s electronic medium first world, is a good thing. Somewhere along the line I either missed or had forgotten how she got her name, so I (re)learned something!!

Very nice write up. Congrats Bob. If this kind of thing keeps up people might actually know what a Cougar is.

Congrats on the car and the article! As previously stated nice to see cougars mentioned anywhere. How it must have sucked to buy the car in 2003 at 17 only to have to spend the next seven years rebuilding it :smoke: