Consistent Cougar

Boy, racing a slow car is fun! The Fawn '68 XR-7 with low buck 302 was killer in bracket racing yesterday. As density altitude slowly rose from 300 ft to 800+, it ran

15.057 (lost, treed a 9-second car .018 to .030, broke out because I dialed 15.07 and ran under despite bailing)

Although you could take a paperback to read in the 2nd 1/8th mile, I really salute this soldier of a car. This is all manually shifting the stock rebuilt C4 Select-Shift Merc-o-matic, just like L-M said you could. Good drag radials, of course. Its sticky problem is that, unlike my manual transmission Mustang at 110, it bleeds little ET and speed if I just lift off the throttle (it’s a 91-92 MPH car). 2nd week in a row I couldn’t bail enough.

Could some wisgeuy tell me to learn to dial .05 lower?

Gotta luv bracket racing :ylsuper: , be happy you got to race, we got rained out for the 2nd time this weekend :angryfire: You could try using the brake pedal next time instead of lifting. But as I’m sure you know some guys have their cars so dialed in they hit their number every time :smoke:

“It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow” as the saying goes.

Cool, thanks for flying the flag!

• Phillip

Good job RB! Was hoping to meet you up there this year so we could have a slow race, lol. It still might happen, but I might not be able to resign from the NRCC (Non-Running Cougar Club) until next season.

R Code- where do I send a check, to get into the NRCC? I need to get the decal and stuff…

That’s the best part, my man. NRCC membership is free, with NO ACTION required on your part.

Now, in order to RESIGN from the NRCC, you need to spend the right amount of $ & time on your Cougar. :wink: