Converter gap wrong converter ? Help

I have a case fill, c4 ,26 spline.

351w .

Cant get the proper gap.

1/18 to 3/16

The converter is couple sheets of paper off the flex plate.
Straight edge across the bellhousing

To converter face , should be 1" to 1" 1/8

It’s 7/8 .

I’ve pulled the converter 3 times and put it back.

It’s all the way back.
All 3 times, same measurements. 7/8 .

What is the issue. ?

Flex plate is from scat . 157 tooth 28.oz

Converter is a tci street fighter.

Good parts I think.
I’ve called both.
Scat says it’s the tci converter and tci says it’s the flex plate .

How do I get the 1/8th min to the 3/16 I need. ?

If you still have the original converter, install it with the tci flex plate. If the problem is resolved, it’s the converter. If not, flex plate if all else is stock. I’ve dealt with this issue when using an aftermarket crank. Good on you for noticing

1 Like