Converting to FiTech

I am converting my Cougar to fuel injection and that requires a return line.
I saw that WCCC had a sending unit with a return line bung but they are not in stock.

Has anyone else done this conversion, and if so, where did you add the return line?
I’m thinking just below and to the passenger side of the sending unit so there are no fuel lines coming into the trunk.
(keeps it sleeper if they can’t tell it’s now fuel injected)

Here’s mine

I converted my 69 in 2017 to FiTech. I used the existing delivery line as the return and made a new delivery line. The in-tank pump has provisions for delivery and return lines on the flange on the top of the tank.

The internally regulated/return pumps are nice. It drops in place of the original sender and you can use your original fuel line with the rubber sections replaced with EFI hose. By far the easiest if you can find it in stock. Check with summit or jegs. I like these guys from EFI stuff. https://www.efisystempro.com/fuel-system/fuel-tank-modules/oe-style-fuel-tank-modules-ford-mustang-64-70-12-305
The price has really climbed on this pump however. I got mine when it was half of that price so not sure I would find it justifiable now. It is the easiest install and the most hidden and original look.

Otherwise you will need to run a new line. Most like to use the original line as the return and run a new supply. You will need to address the regulator issue but there are tons of options. I like the corvette filter/regulator combo. With this combo you can mount an external pump and filter in the same area. Short return line from filter to tank then run your supply line. If you have a fuel drain on your tank you could use that as the return port or have someone braze a fitting onto your sender to keep everything in the same spot. Can probably use your original fuel line too with some modifications.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-230151?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAjw6MKXBhA5EiwANWLODFOYFwUVKyTpBMZn1L5isstLKCFzeHCcam_IPbxEHxed6CKFarpI6xoCcQwQAvD_BwE

I add an additional line to the sender for return. Here is the set up for my '68.

This is the system being test fitted. (before I painted the metal bracket black)

This uses the inline pressure regulator that was used on the Corvette.

Here I was thinking I was going to have to mount it by the passenger rear tire but I like that setup.

I already bought the FiTech with the external pump and filter.

I did find a fuel sending unit with return so I won’t have to punch a hole in the new tank.
Funny thing is the post on the new sending unit is a bit smaller so I guess I’ll have to find a threaded post to screw on so I don’t have to cut the connector off.