Cougars at the Movies

Todays feature on Prowling for Cougars is 1975’s Mary, Mary, Bloody Mary with not one but two Cougars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyNfFI-TNgc

Some major Cougar screen time in that movie - never seen that, thanks for posting!

• Phillip

I caught a 73 on an episode of Gotham… one of the characters fell on it.

That’s a crazy looking movie. Great Cougar driving scenes.
Steven

From Dusk til Dawn TV series has a 67 or 68 in the first few episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-T8zXu7UM

The Series, Into The Badlands, has a Black 67 driven around quite often.

Noticed a Cougar in a movie I hadn’t seen before recently. In “ET” during the chase seen near the end of the show, there is a clear shot of a white 1969 Cougar parked on the left side of the road, as the van comes over the hill. Cool to think it was just a 14 year old “used” car back when that movie was filmed.

Driving Miss Daisy at about 1h38m shows a '70 vert, squealing brakes and all

1969 Cougar in a new movie called “BAD TIMES AT THE El Royale” coming out on October 12th.

just seen bridges on today show with small clips of movie with this, is that anybody from here car?

Watched The Mechanic again (the 1972 movie) and noticed in the credits a white 68 Cougar as Bronson is walking down the street.

1967 movie Point Blank
Walker (Lee Marvin) is driving down the street and right behind him is a brand new 1967 Cougar
https://youtu.be/0EddfZeiyVU?t=314

In the opening credits for The Mechanic, Charles Bronson walks past a white 68 Cougar with black vinyl top

My 69 XR7 vert is in a commuter scene of the movie The Post, a Speilberg film starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. :smiley: :smiley:

Not quite the movies, but streaming on Netflix…

I used to watch the Japanese Anime “Cowboy Be-Bop” twenty odd years ago… A couple of weeks back I was watching the modern Netflix Version of Cowboy Be Bop

It is episode 9 - the “flashback” episode which explains the falling out between “Vicious” and “Feerless”

I think it is set in 2171 on the terraformed moon of Europa - planet Neptune! … none of that is important I spose…

To my surprise… “Vicious” Drives a 69 Cougar Convertible… which was exciting seeing as that is what I have!

Early on the cars intrigued me, hero cars were LHD American, but many were RHD some being old Aussie classics, digging around I found out it was filmed in New Zealand.

It is a Space Film Noire type thing, this is the best I can do having photographed the TV… :slight_smile:

From above in some Auckland laneway - I mean the moon Europa, planet Neptune

Nice 3/4 shot

It is a base convertible

turning into the laneway when Vicious spots one of the Neptune Gang

And then kicks the crap out of the Neptune Gang member… Note in the distance there is a nice Falcon XM or XP…

Pretty cool looking car, I recall when trawling though this forum there was a Blue NZ convertible, but I thought that was RHD… and might have been a 70…

Blue 69 LHD………is mine

Well, you gotta be happy with how that turned out…! Car looks awesome… especially for a 200 year old car in 2171!

Also, for Be-Bop train spotters (of which I expect there are none)… after I pushed send , I thought, hangong , Europa orbits Jupiter, but I was sure it was the Neptune gang…. So I looked it up…the failed deal with the Neptune Gang happened on the Jupiter moon of Callisto, and Vicious kicks Ka -Ching to death on Callisto.