Custom Color Combination - Looking for Suggestions

Medium Cabernet Red. Ford color not original to Cougar.

Definitely different from the other “hotrod reds”. It is so interesting about those who like reds and those who do not.

So Happy to see this.
Well Having Converts as well my whole life, I am thrilled to see and hear this!
I am partial to 2k Electric Current RED that 5.0’s had as well with Gold metallic Pearl on the rockers lower panels and lower door thresholds. triple Gloss Clear and rather than striped faded in the Gold by hand.
As the top Saddle w saddle interior.

I HAVE chosen. Mine will be Ruby Red (tricoat). It’s a late teens Lincoln color. Not alot different than the darker red metallic paints of Ford today (Rapid Red) but a ‘deeper’ color IMHO. A little darker than the beautiful Medium Cabernet Red above. I have the tan interior so it should look good.

1 Like

A lot of folks like reds that is for sure. And there are a lot of red cars out there. It makes me both want to go red and not. Maybe I just put a color wheel or paint catalog page on a dart board and stand back 10 feet give myself 3 choices.

Not sure if red being in the bulls-eye position is making this biased or not!

1 Like

Actually for first generation Cougars, blue and green were the highest production colors…there were only about 200 Red '70 XR7 Convertibles like mine…maybe red just aged better??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not quite finished, but this is the Ford/Lincoln Ruby Red color

1 Like

That is SWEET!

Oh yeah - that looks NICE!

Adding another red to the mix. I painted my wife’s Olds Vert a darker red, maroon with lots of metallic. It’s called Razzling Red from Dupont, now Axalta. It ain’t cheap and at the time it only came in pints. But man what a color! Hard to capture in photos. Like any other color, it needs to be seen in person and in the sun.

1 Like

That looks a country mile deep!

1 Like

gorgeous!

1 Like