Detroit Autorama 2022

This weekend is the Detroit Autorama. It’s been running for many years and draws big crowds and many cars including a group of contenders for the Riddler Award. I’ve been going to the shows for years typically with my Dad and Uncle. I lost my Uncle to cancer in 2018 and my Dad is slowing down and is incapable of walking the show these days. I went with a couple of buddies this year and had a good time. This year there were three Cougars on display, a first time for that many that I’ve seen. On display were a green ‘68, and burgundy’69 convertible, and a light blue ‘70 hardtop. All were modified at least a bit with both the ‘68 and ‘69 being having significant changes. This is a hot rod show and very few stock/resto cars are shown. It was a beautiful day in Detroit as well with temps in the low 50’s and sunny. Great car day with friends followed by a ride on my ‘73 H-D that is going to a new home tomorrow.

We’re making the trip there in the morning. It’s always well worth the trip from northeast Ohio. We go every year.