Directional control switch

New directional control switch wire colors are somewhat different putting wires in connector does not make the directionals work please help verify color codes on new directional control switch for tilt tilt away column as to how they are placed in the plug I have tried two or three times now and I think I have the wires in the right place but the directionals aren’t working plug in the old column the directionals work

A diagram for 1967-68 Cougars is available on my website:
http://www.thuntek.net/cougars_unlimited/1967-68_TS_Connectors.PDF

I wasn’t able to get your PDF to open I have seen where the wires are supposed to go in the connector and when I connected all my wires in the connector the two wires I was left with mind you this is a 67 tilt away so the directional control switch was different than the one I took out on my non tilt column the non tilt column works right the tilt tilt away works right but the indicator lights stay on on the dashboard anyhow after I plugged all the wires into the connector under the dash the two wires I was left with we’re supposed to be light blue in the corner and green next to it I installed the dark blue in the corner the first time directionals did not work so I moved the dark blue inboard replacing the green which I could not find in the new harness with the light blue that I moved out to the corner as I said all my lights are working but my indicator lights on my dashboard stay on

If you had two wires left over, you do not have a 1967 switch.
The 1968 service part switch has 10 female pins. Your Cougar does not use the brown or the yellow/black wires. These two wires are for an early 1968 Thunderbird.

The 1967 switch pins are all male.

Were you trying to access the diagram from your phone?
I just successfully checked the link from my Android phone but I do not have an iPhone to test the link.
My ancient website interface does not always work from a phone browser, try a PC.

I don’t have a computer all I have is a phone when I say I had two extra wires I meant that after I assembled the connector with all the wires that matched the schematic the two wires that were left were a medium blue and a very very light shaded color that could have been green I thought but I put them in the connector in one position and it didn’t seem to work so I switched the positions of those two wires and the next time I plugged it in everything worked except the indicator lights on the dashboard stay on I thought maybe somebody have wired up a switch and had run into this problem once before and may give some advice as to what they did to correct it I have an electronics person in the neighborhood I think he charges $95 an hour but I’m running out of options all the lights work the horn works the steering column is back together with new bearings but my indicator lights are on