Disc Brake Caliper Rebuild Issue

I went the rebuild way. Got the gaskets from WCC but I do not think they are correct, or poor reproductions. This can’t be right… It doesn’t fit in the back and I am guessing it is sealed?? It won’t seat because the caliper rides up.

I rebuilt my front calipers recently and remember the ring riding up in that area as well. It should be okay if the inner lip is in the grove of the casting. I didn’t take a pick after finishing the rebuild. However I do have these side by sides when I was taking things apart. The set on the right looks like an OEM style given that I pulled out a FoMoCo piston. The rubber seal is a much different and taller design. The other type is what I used (but new from WCCC) and seems to be working fine.

Thanks Gaugster, I appreciate the response. I guess I’ll give it a go. I agree, the reproductions are not the same. I saw a set of NOS ones on ebay and they look like the reproductions, made later though I believe.

Saw this video a few years back when I rebuilt my kelsey-hayes calipers for a car I worked on. The guy is a crook, but the video is very informative for single piston caliper rebuilds.

MOPAR PIN CALIPER REBUILD PHD

I usually don’t comment on videos ( that are used for reference ) on this forum, but this one is so typical of many to be found on the internet. The way that parts and tools are tossed around with abandon ( to demonstrate a superior and yet cavalier attitude ) ? Besides the messy and cluttered work area, you can hear ( and see ! ) the grit and dirt on the work bench - this is really disconcerting when working on brake components. I really wonder what message is being sent ( overtly or subliminally ) by filming such work habits and conditions.