Dual Mirrors

Guys,Am I right in believing my Eliminator is supposed to have dual mirrors if the BT RAC is correct on the buck tag?
Also the drivers door has the markings already there but the passenger door is blank, except for the two holes.
I’m wondering if the passenger door is correct or was that mirror non remote with no need for the cut out?
Cheers

Drivers door

The passenger door should have a platform similar to the drivers door for the mirror to sit on.

Sorry no raised or special area on 69/70 pass doors.

Some ECats did not get Pass door mirrors if they were special order colors.

No remote for the passenger side door.

No that is incorrect. Here is how the PS mirror mounts.

http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/13890-Side-View-Mirror-Sport-Passenger-Side-Manual-Repro-1969-1973-Mercury-Cougar.html?attribs=79

Isnt this a picture of a 1970 passenger door, note the platform?

Australian passenger door or American passenger door?

Imprint of the gasket, it will rub out.

No difference… Keep in mind this was a 1970 Torino mirror that was somewhat of an after-thought. It was not designed for the Cougar specifically but “it works”.

USA passenger door ie right side.

Thanks for all the replies fellas it clears up a lot of things, Was this Torino mirror the same measurements on the base? The holes I have in the original door seem to be spaced longer than the drivers one.

Correct, the DS “Torino” mirror base is different in every way including length. If you look at the casting number on the base it should read D0OB-17713-AW, the Ford service replacement part number for the entire kit was D0OZ-17682-D. A 71 mirror will work just as well with a casting number of D1OB-17713-AWA. Many people misinterpret it as D10B-17713-AWA, DI0B-17713-AW or Dl0B-17713-AWA. The 1971-73 base is actually about 1/16" taller, but you will be hard pressed to visually see the difference between a 70 and 71-3. Even when they are placed side by side.
Replaces Ford part # D0OZ-17682-D.

This post may be helpful. This makes me feel better... - The Garage - Classic Cougar Community Forum

BTW, I like your Avatar pic, it resembles the car on our latest business card.
bizcard.jpg

Thanks Don, it looks like another part I will be buying at some time.
Sorry for the copyright infringement, but those green Eliminator pics are the motivation for finishing mine lol.

Get the convex glass when you order. Adjusting the flat glass to get a good view of the rhs lane pushes it out of the housing, even with a LHD car

No worries, we see those pics all over the net and it brings fond memories of driving the car back.

Just noticed this post and it got me thinking. Did Ford/Mercury offer the passenger side mirror for the
69 Cougar models as a Dealer installed option? Trying to keep my Cougar as close to original as I can but
would love to justify the passenger side mirror.

Thanks,

Jeff

My '69 has a passenger side mirror that I suspect (but can’t prove) was dealer-installed. The paint and patina matched the rest of the car perfectly when I bought it in '83. It was quite a while before I learned it wasn’t actually supposed to be there. The numbers on the base identify it as a Mustang part. Which makes sense for cars sold during the '69 model year, prior to the '70 Torino/Eliminator mirror becoming available.

Very nice. I always felt that the dual mirrors make the Cougars look better.

No 69 got the PS mirror dealer installed or otherwise as the part was not in production until the first of the 1970 Torinos were made.