Early birthday

If you like old stuff that shoots far.goggle whitworth rifle. I just gott a new one (reproduction)

Just checked it out. Very cool indeed. I don’t think it solves my problem if trying to get away from having a gun chambered in a wildcat round, but still might make it to the collection. I mean if I’m gonna having something cool, that would be a very nice compliment to the 1903. Realistically, my AR will reach out to the distances I shoot at, but there’s something satisfying about taking that ONE long shot that you don’t get with anything but a true rifle. Anyone can blaze away at a target round after round, mag after mag, and while that’s fun, I like rifle target shooting. It’s also why I prefer taking a revolver to the pistol range. My best pistol shot was with my Colt Trooper 6" barrel .357. 4" clay disc (not moving) at 100 yds. Set up the shot three times just to see if it was a fluke. Hit all three after four times missing the first disc. Now THAT’S fun. Dad did it first so of course I had to try. He hit the first disc on the first try then proceeded to hit the other two.

I’m assuming we are talking the whitworth 1800’s muzzle loader and not the whitworth safari rifle. Looks cool. I like old stuff like that.

If we keep this going do we need to move this to provate messages?

Or find a shooter’s forum :laughing: .

Back on subject:

Very nice. Looks really clean

It’s a really clean car. 44,000 original miles with ever service interval recorded and in the glove box. The engine was rebuilt as it had sat for years by the original owner’s son who had inherited it, started fixing it up, and lost interest. He sold it to my friend John, who sold it to Dad, who gave it to me last fall. I wish the owner’s son would have kept the factory intake, carb, and exhaust manifolds. But hey, I’m not complaining. It is a great car. Rides like a two door luxury sedan should. I think it’s cool that it has buckets, console, and floor shifted auto. Even cooler that it and my Cougar both have Ivy gold interior.

Now if I could just find a dash pad for it.