Edelbrock Performer RPM 7181 Clearance with Stock Air Cleaner (351 M Code)

Hi,
I’m going to rebuild my carburetor and I would like to change out my stock intake manifold. Is anyone running a Edelbrock RPM 7181 intake manifold with their stock air cleaner? Any clearance issues?

Thanks,
Paul

So I understand he RPM line is taller t hen t he Performer line. My thought is you may have clearance problems with the hood. I have a Performer 351W on my 70 XR-7 with a factory air cleaner. I had to remove the factory hood pad as it was rubbing it. If your running a Eliminator hood scoop you may be good.
FYI, This is my thought, I have not tried to run a RPM line intake on any of my Cougars in the past. Somebody here has experience with this intake and I look forward to seeing what they say.

The fuel line on Edelbrock / Carter carbs will not clear factory style air cleaners. Also every one will need the kickdown linkage if you have automatic transmission.

There are banjo style adaptors for the fuel inlet to the carb for the Edelbrock. Is it known if that will clear the factory air cleaner?

Circling back around on this; the stock air cleaner does fit under the hood with the Performer RPM 7181 intake.

1 Like

Good information, is this with, or with out the hood pad?

Yes. with the factory hood pad.

1 Like

I concur that it fits. 1969 351w stock mounts, stock air cleaner, Holley carb, hood insulation.