Eliminator Graphics Alignment

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I am about to have the striping and graphics applied following a complete repaint. In looking at photos, it appears that the “ELIMINATOR” logo is either parallel to the ground or is square with the rear marker light. What is the correct alignment of the “ELIMINATOR” text graphic?

If there are other threads dealing with the graphics and stripe application, please add the pointers here.

TIA, Chuck

I cant help with the decal location but I suggest not applying decals right after paint. Typically its advisable to wait a period of time after the paint work to make sure its fully cured and will not cause any issues under the decals. Your body shop may advise something different but its worth asking to be sure.

Pretty sure they were intended to be square with the side marker light. …which should still make them pretty close to parallel with the ground, unless you are messing with the stance quite a bit.

I just redid mine recently.

I second waiting a bit for the paint to fully cure.

My paint and body guy insisted on waiting until everything was back on the car (engine, trans, bumpers, etc), before decaling, so that he could fine tune the fitment of doors, hood, rear deck lid in case the additional weight skewed any of the installed fenders. It will be several weeks before it is totally back together.

Here are the first decals to be applied. We are waiting for final assembly of drivetrain and engine before applying the side stripes. Jorge wants to be sure that the added weight does not alter any of the perfect lines achieved so far. BTW, these decals are from PhoenixGraphix (how convenient to also be located in Phoenix).

Chuck

Looking good Chuck

Sweet! I can almost smell the fresh paint from here!

Here is a detail shot showing how the “ELIMINATOR” decal was placed on my 1970.

Then…

I also have a short video showing the final removal of the decal backing…need to figure out how to upload it.

Chuck

Here is the final look of the right-side graphics.

Awesome! Looks great!