Finally arrived from Canada!

I’m finally back in the Cougar business. I purchased a new Q code coupe in June 1973 and have been looking for one to restore for years. I had this Q code coupe shipped from Alberta to MS by Canadian Car and used Cole International for the border crossing paperwork. I couldn’t be happier with my new ride.

Mostly original paint, vinyl top and interior. Per Marti report a highly optioned car with 8 track (which I’m trying to get to work), traction-loc, tilt, etc. $5,900 USD in Canada in 1973.

Mine in 1973 was Ivy Glamour, so now whether to leave it white or change to green paint. They’re only original once and it currently is a “20 foot” car. Looks great from 20’. Unbelievably straight car body.

Just for fun I left 2 black marks over 100’ long yesterday in front of my house smoking the tires. Someone has already replaced the cam, added Edelbrock air-gap intake and Holley carb.

2 Likes

Looks great. I wouldn’t change the color.

To change the color correctly, I would need to totally disassemble the entire car. That maybe more than I want to tackle right now. I’ll probably just touch up a few spots and enjoy the car for now.

I need to get the A/C working, replace some weatherstripping, get a new exhaust system, install electronic ignition, so I’ve got plenty to do while enjoying the car.

Looks fantastic! Be sure to register it with the 1971 - 1973 Q-Code Cougar Registry.

https://cougarclub2.org/registry/1971-73-351cj/

• Phillip

Nice Cat. Congratulations. What is the color and condition of the interior?

I did register it at the Q code site. Didn’t see how to add the Marti report or build sheet though.

White with med ginger. For some reason they original owner deleted the leather seat for cloth!!

1 Like

Wish it was green like the one in this picture

The cloth seats were $54.50 cheaper then the leather. Per the window sticker to my 71 XR-7 with the Up Beat Cloth interior.

Looks like for 1973 the cloth was a credit of $57.20 as opposed to the leather. Some people don’t like leather seats.

Leather wrapped steering wheel is kind of unique. They are two spoked with sewn leather cover that matched the interior color. With the Q code, does it have the rear sway bar?

Very nice and wow did the guy like to check off options!

1 Like

The original owner of the Waco Eliminator bought the leather wrapped steering wheel at his local Ford dealer in December of 1973 and it cost him $41.41 with tax. It is still on it. The original wheel was retained in the trunk.

Thanks for sharing ! Looks fantastic. Love the white / saddle combo . Glad you are in the new registry! Invoice is added .
Thanks
David Bran
71-73 Q code registrar