First car show in the Cougar

Yesterday we hosted our annual Life is Why employee car show benefiting the American Heart Association. When I purchased my Cougar in August, I gave myself a goal to have it running well enough to participate, but if Hurricane Harvey hadn’t pushed back the Houston Heart Walk schedule of events, I never would have made it. I found myself splicing alternator wires and adjusting the timing until about 11 p.m. the night before.

We had 20 employee cars entered, 2 motorcycles, and the local Toyota, Lexus and Porsche dealerships brought out some new cars as well.

I was the only Cougar in the show, and I definitely had the ugliest car, but just being able to make the 50-mile round trip commute with no issues was a big win.

Nice job making the show. I love the concept too.

Gotta love the Rockford car.

Yeah, I thought “Rocky” was the standout car as well, but probably because I was one of the few people who knew the show. The 67 GTO next to me won the classic car vote. I couldn’t believe that in our small pool of cars we ended up with three GTOs.

Nice job, Events like this do help a lot of charity’s around the country. Not having the best car is never a problem for me; When a car is 50 years old and shows some age I tend to like looking at them more then the others. But I think your car looks better then the beat looking Hummer in the 3rd picture. Though I bet it was helpful during Harvey recovery efforts.

I was the only Cougar in the show, and I definitely had the ugliest car,

I don’t think :hand: so…

We actually had two H1 Hummers. One was a really clean civilian version and the other was former military.

Apparently you can pick up the HMVEEs at auction very cheap, but it’s a real trick to get them registered to drive on the road.

X2 my first thoughts too.