Ford 999 Report still offered by FORD

Do you remember when you could call Ford and ask for all of the information about your car for free when you provided a VIN number? Well, it really wasn’t that long ago. I called them about 15 years ago and was able to receive all of the information about my Ford’s that Marti Auto provides as a business today. Marti has always done a better job of portraying the information, but there was a time when it was free. Ford still offers this service, but it comes at a cost these days. Still very resonable, probably not as detailed as Marti, but another resource for people to use. Check out this website below.

http://www.shopfordgear.com/find.asp?session=D68B81CC84C14376AFC735AE0C2ACF26&search_type=by_dept&dept_id=16&d=16&c=48652YHNOREJJK4&s=

I haven’t used this service yet. I became aware of it from another forum(http://www.torinocobra.com/forum/index.php) and thought I would share it with others.

I wonder when they started charging for reports. I received my CAC Report in July '07 for free. :slight_smile: John

I ordered some as recently as last year and they were still Free. I have 4-5 more to get so I am going to call them soon and get them. 1-800-392-3673 is the phone number.

I wonder if the information is more accurate now that they charge for it? In the past a rather high percentage of the reports had blatant errors.

True, I ran across that years ago too…but for free, I didn’t really care. I ordered one for my 1968 Torino GT S-code convertible and they sent me a report for a 1968 Torino F-code hardtop that was one consecutive VIN number off from mine. At the time it didn’t bother me too much, disappointing, but I figured sometimes “you get what you pay for.”

I note that the description for this service states that the report will be signed by Ms. Elena Ford. She is the granddaughter of Henry Ford II and has worked for FoMoCo in a variety of capacities for a number of years, including as a marketing manager at Lincoln Mercury.

Check out this forum from TorinoCobra.com 999 report from Ford - TorinoCobra.com - Torino and Cyclone Technical Forum. One guy mentioned the signature was not a real signature, but it was a scanned computer generated signature. Just thought I would pass that on before someone got excited.

I know…I couldn’t picture Ms. Ford personally signing a bunch of these letters either!