Free LED headlights for three lucky people.

Ive got no problem with Bill pulling names/vin’s from a hat, unless of course Neals phat cat and ginger both got a set I might think there was some kind of payola going on :poke:
There definitely needs to be some kind of timeline/guide for the winners. I’m no fan of trailer queens, but from a marketing/NPD point I think if they’re eating the cost of the product then the product needs to be displayed in the best possible manner.
I doubt i’ll be throwing my name into the hat, I have no desire in altering/splicing into my wiring harness. I’m still trying to be as stock/oem as possible :smoke:

Yes I would pay the extra shipping to Canada. And I would put them on my driver and use them every weekend.

That’s my big concern as well. The harnesses don’t look like they are “plug and play”. I wonder if Rocketman might have / be able to make some kind of adapter. (I’m sure I could make one, but it probably wouldn’t be very pretty!)

I haven’t looked at the system that they’re selling to see what’s involved, but a plug and play wiring solution would be very attractive to me buying the product and installing it myself.

I don’t know what is included. My understanding is that this a new product, NOT the ones listed in the NPD catalog. I believe the old ones here halogen with halo not LED with halo. I think plug and play is the best idea and since headlight plugs are universal it seems easily accomplished.

by CatsRock » Today, 04:07
Ive got no problem with Bill pulling names/vin’s from a hat, unless of course Neals phat cat and ginger both got a set I might think there was some kind of payola going on > :poke: >

I will be only entering one Cougar for this(but who wouldn’t want to win in 2 categories).

by xr7g428 » 51 minutes ago
I don’t know what is included. My understanding is that this a new product, NOT the ones listed in the NPD catalog. I believe the old ones here halogen with halo not LED with halo. I think plug and play is the best idea and since headlight plugs are universal it seems easily accomplished.

I have a set of Plug and Play LEDs I bought last year for Ginger. I installed the High beams and am holding off on the low/high ones as they are super bright. They were just a little harder to install then regular sealed beams as they have a pig tail off the back side with a little black box that I had to feed back through the headlight bucket. I will go ahead and install the last 2 after the cars that win post there pictures for a comparison, just for this group and not to NPD. If my 71 is the lucky winner I could post a side by side photo too.

Love the idea: mathematical randomness - for those who are willing to install them and take some glamour shots!

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Scott from NPD and things are looking good. He is sending me pics to show what he is looking for you will be able to see what is expected.

Also, there are 100% LED not the H4 LED combination you see in the catalog! Very Cool!

Exciting!!

I’m looking forward to hearing more.

A few things from NPD:

They have asked the manufacturer for an exact list of what you will get to avoid any confusion about what the drawing provides. I will update here when we have it.

NPD is not running the contest ClassicCougarCommunity.Com is so direct any contest related questions to CCC.COM

NPD will get the winners names and addresses from us. Winners outside the US are responsible for all shipping, duties, taxes, brokerage charges, etc.

The winner must complete the install within 6 weeks and provide magazine quality images for use by NPD and the manufacturer.

Here are the sample pictures.

The HID/halogen versions needed a wiring solution to cope with the older original headlight system. Would these also need that solution? Would it be a complete kit, so that all the winners need to do is adapt and install everything?
I’m asking because if it’s not a “complete” kit extra parts ordering may be required if they are not in the kit.

I would think being LED that extra parts would not be a problem as long as they are in sealed beam type housings.

I would think being LED that extra parts would not be a problem as long as they are in sealed beam type housings.

I dunno… they look kinda cheesy, well, maybe not the white ones so much. Are those the actual lights we’re talking about here?

There are actually three versions, white, and new black out version not pictured, and the multi color. Since the 123 cars don’t have headlight covers they will get the multi color. There will be a drawing for each generation of Cougar.

So I was thinking about this a bit more… And while the halo headlights look really cool… I’m thinking they are going to be REALLY hard to see on a car with hidden headlights, like ours >.>

Maybe the color balance in the photos is just off, but running red LED rings in the headlights can’t possibly be street legal.

Is it even a projecter LED in the center or just an HID bulb with a ring of LEDs around it?

I wondered about the legality of running red lights on the front like that… It doesn’t seem like a great Idea, but if I understand it correctly the color is more or less infinitely adjustable. I have seen something like these on a few different colored cars where the lights matched the car and it looked pretty good. Those cars were parked at a show, and not being operated on the street. I suppose you could put a switch on them. I do think that these would be fun combined with the electric headlight motors… kind of a big cat opening it’s very sinister looking eyes, but that might just be my imagination working overtime.

And YES, these are a NEW design with LED projectors. I will know more when I get the information but they should pull so much less current that the relay won’t be needed.