Free Stuff? Are you kidding?

IF there was ever any doubt that this is a real community, get this: Don Rush of West Coast Classic Cougars asked for a forum where he could GIVE stuff away: FREE!

And you know, there is a lot of stuff floating around that I think we would all like to see go to a good home rather than to the land fill.

I know that my garage contains a few items that I would like to find a new home. So post your FREE stuff here!

So here is the one rule for this area: Free means free. No free parts with inflated $$$ shipping and handling charges.

Bonkers, Bill, bonkers. Don’t know how you expect me to make any Christmas cash with “no free parts with inflated shipping charges” being a restriction! I mean, honestly, what am I supposed to do with all those “leftover” parts I couldn’t remember where they went?? :wtf:

It’s discrimination, I tell ya! :laughing:

Way cool, Don!

I have to agree with T3. All these restrictions being placed on all of the Cougar forums, it’s just not right. However, Bill only mentioned ‘shipping’ and ‘handling’ fees. So ‘processing’ fees should still be OK. Hmmmm…time for me to post some ‘free’ parts… :whistle:

AHA!!! “Processing” fees…by jove, I think you’ve got it! LMAO.

Is this exclusively for Cougar parts or would it be OK to offer mother in laws? I will ship for free.

So long as your MIL bears no resemblance to SoCal’s brother in law, then I think you are fine…and if she does…shudder…PLEASE, post no pictures of said product!!!

I tried giving away all the stuff I didn’t re-use on the Hero over on that “other” board. I had the complete stock HVAC system, door handles that were really nice, and a host of other things. NOBODY wanted ANY of it. Finally a guy stepped up and said “I’ll take it.” So I nicely packaged everything in three boxes and shipped them one at a time while fronting the costs just because, contrary to what some believe, that’s the kind of guy I am.

After the third box arrived at its destination, the guy bitched about the total cost. Mind you it was barely over a Benjamin. Something like $105… and the idiot shorted me on the check he wrote.

But rant over…

That’s nice of you Don to want to help out the Community like that. I don’t need anything right now. But will be interested to see what guys put up on the page.

Wow this place gets better all of the time. Don a thanks goes out to you for doing stuff like this. :thumbup:
Steven

Great idea for a thread. I’ve tossed parts in the trash in the past since nobody wanted them, now I’ll try here first!

Nuthin better than free stuff, especially free Cougar stuff! Here is a free episode of Velocity Quest that features the Cougar and Don Rush!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJIBRAo4TY

I see Don found a way to get rid of the strays I have been leaving on his door step.

chuckles to self

Here’s the free carburator that didn’t play nice with my 1968 I was talking about on some of the thread.

The first one who claims it gets it.

You do NOT have to pay shipping, not a criteria.

Shipping means the dollar amount printed on the receipt with the tracking number from the post office, not time or labor.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/9jDyNEgS9vA[/YouTube]

This unit will NOT run right out of the box & may NEVER do so. I was also screwing around with the float levels in vain as well.

Hell, it might even cause a zombie apocalypse for all I know. You assume all the risks.

Don’t worry about shipping. I’d much rather see videos of you attempting to fix it, fail or not.

Another words, it’s as free as you like.

1st one to PM me with a place to send it gets it.

I’ll make you an offer. Send it to me and I will either fix it or find out what is wrong with it and then you can give it away again. I get nothing but the knowledge gained.

Pm sent. Please send it to xr7g428 (Bill) so he can play with it first. I would like to try it out after.