70 cougar new front brakes are keeping rotor from turning freely, please help
Thanks
70 cougar new front brakes are keeping rotor from turning freely, please help
Thanks
Likely the pushrod in the brake booster is adjusted a little too long. This can be the result of the brake master cylinder being replaced with a Chinese version.
I loosen the bleeder screws and nothing came out, I’m thinking it’s not that.
Thankyou for the reply
Without measuring the rod length you have no idea. The test you did has no merit.
Ok…but I don’t understand why
Did you replace the master cylinder? If so what Royce is saying could well be the problem. I say your other post and in only said you did calipers, rotors pads and lines.
Two thoughts,
The test you did should be telling provided the engine was running so the the brake booster had vacuum.
Second the brake pads usually drag a little, it you can turn the rotor by hand it’s probably okay.
Loosening the bleeder screws will tell you that the thing keeping the rotors from turning is not the clamping force of the calipers. Were the brake push rod length be too long, not allowing return flow from the calipers. it relieves the hydraulic pressure on the pads.
Ergo the rod is too long. I measure the rod length as the maintenance manual says so I do not have this problem.
In addition to measuring the rod, I took a dab of yellow paint on the end of the rod and slid the master cylinder onto the booster, and if it went flush without any pressure and there was paint transfer to the master cylinder piston, I called it good. Just my 2cents.