Front Seat Belts

Complete set of Lap and shoulder belts removed from my 69 XR-7, no hardware is included.

Retractors work very well and those belts are very clean as they are usually stored in the retractor, not exposed to the elements. Chrome has minor pitting.

The rest of the lap and shoulder belts are in good condition, but in need of cleaning/restoration. Shoulder belt chrome more heavily pitted.

Tags on all belts except for one lap belt. Date 3169 code R505

Not sure what they are worth, I see the retractors go for over $100 each at WCCC, so make me a fair offer for the entire set.

Thanks

For some reason your 69 had 70 belts in it.

How do you tell the difference? Wouldn’t the 3169 date code indicate 1969?

Thanks

3169 as a date code on seatbelts is the 31st week of 1969 which is July 28th to August 3rd which would be 1970 production.
Also as Neal stated they are 1970 belts because of the single buckle per front seat.

Ok, I see how the date code would be 1970 production, but I don’t see how these are different from the 69 belts. Can you clarify the single buckle? I’ve looked online and haven’t been able to find anything different.

On the 70 cars the shoulder belt attached to the hole in the male part of the buckle near where the webbing holds it. so you have only one female end / receiver on a 70. For 69 the shoulder belt and lap belt each have the normal male part of the buckle each requiring its own receiver.

Set of 69 seat belts
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/seat-belts-black-restored-1969-1970-mercury-cougar-/-1967-1970-ford-mustang.html

70 belts

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/14981-Seat-Belts-Medium-Brown-Deluxe-Coupe-Grade-A-1970-Mercury-Cougar-/-1970-Ford-Mustang.html

On the 69 you will notice the fronst have 2 receivers on the mounting tab vs 1 for the 70 and you can see the differences in the attachment for the shoulder belt.

The front belts have 2 female ends, one for the lap belt, the other for the shoulder belt.
This is what a set of deluxe 69 belts look like.

The belts to the left and right are the female ends for the front. What you have are great belts and it could be someone swapped them in to tour 69 at one time.
Edit, I see GLC has the same info.

Got it! Thanks for the clarification. I can see why the 70 belts are better. My guess is the PO swapped them out some time in the past.

So, a long, long time ago: Are you and the belts still around?

gracious bird

I think I have a set of 70 standard belts here. Not so sure about 69 belts, I’d have to look.

Lap and shoulder? I have lap belts, and the anchor pins in the headliner for harness - but no harness.