Getting older, getting dumber...

Last night I finished installing my styled steel wheels on CopyCatVert. This morning, I start the car to go to work, shift to reverse and let out the clutch. Nothing! Car doesn’t move. I push the clutch in and out and shift through the gears. I can hear the transmission gears spinning, but the car acts like it’s in neutral. Did I somehow completely fry the clutch, or did oil somehow saturate the flywheel to make it slip? Did I shear the output shaft? Drop a u-joint? OR… did I forget to take the rear of the car off the jackstands last night :doh:

E. Forgot to take the rear of the car off the jackstands last night.

Did I win?!?!

Once down don’t forget to make sure the lug nuts are tight too! :laughing:

Complained to the doctor that I was tired of forgetting things, not being able to lift transmissions into place, dropping stuff and generally being clumsy.

His response - get used to it, it’s called old age.

As they say

My hearing aid is dandy
My glasses are just fine
My false teeth come in handy
But I sure do miss my mind

LMAO. That’s not getting dumber, just forgetful.

Or.just tired!

Heh. Glad I’m not alone.

I used to miss my hair, but lately I miss my eyesight more.

PS - good thing those new wheels look great sitting still :poke:

Yeah, I made that mistake once on my Opel, the first time I drove it after restoring it. Went to fill up the gas, and a rear wheel fell off while I was pulling away from the pump. I got lucky, the tire caught the car and prevented it from hitting the ground. I was about 21 at the time, so definitely not old, just dumb. But I guess everyone is pretty dumb at 21.