Getting out of Cougars...

Due to lack of time/ambition/money/resources, I’m going to be getting out of 1-2-3 Cougars other than AlphaCat, but even that is open to negotiation…
None are drivable, and all need work. All extra parts reasonable, but I don’t have time/effort to remove parts. YOU have to remove cars/parts. I also have some NOS 1-2-3 parts…
AlphaCat -'73 hardtop. numbers matching - but not stock - 351C-4V/auto and fully optioned. Gold/ginger.
BetaCat - '73 XR-7 hardtop. 351C-4V with non-numbers-matching 4V drivetrain. Pewter with black interior.
PartsCat1 - '73 XR-7 hardtop. 351C-2V/C6. White w/avacado interior. heads gone.
PartsCat2 - '73 standard. 351C-2V/FMX. Yellow w/ginger decore interior. Originally NV car, but now rusty from sitting in my back yard for 8 yrs.

Parts cats are on gravel drive, and ‘sank into the swamp’. AlphaCat and BetaCat are indoors.

Pics on request, but remember that it is winter here in frozen Cleveland…

not sure how to respond!

I thought that retirement was just around the corner and that it would give you time to tackle the Cougars again? Anything we need to know?

I concur…Cougrrcj is a name we expect to see here at the CCC…

Just not ‘feeling it’ any more. Lots of other things are getting in the way.

It’s sad to hear that you are moving on from the hobby. I hope whatever you do for a hobby/interest brings you happiness. Good luck with your sales.
Steven

I know how you feel. Every time I have to do something with the 428 I long for a 2 litre air cooled boxer engine

This year the plan is for my Cougar community to be reduced by three more and replaced with air cooled 4 and 6 cylinder fun cars with hair dryers attached

Then I can concentrate on getting the 69 to a standard I want and get the Eliminator track worthy while I have some fun with cars that I can get the engine out in less than an hour

Sorry to hear your moving on, especially , selfishly , cause there aren’t to many of us 1-2-3 fans to keep the flags waving. I know I was out of the hobby for a couple of years but the stars realigned and I’m back. But all the best as you head off in other directions, maybe we’ll see ya back again :smoke:

SERIOUSLY??? Absolutely NO responses in a month??? They’re getting scrapped. I don’t have time for this $#!7!!!

Sorry your upset but maybe you should put them in the Classic Cougars for Sale venue. And make it official that they are for sale and get them more exposure. Cursing at the community will not help at all. Get back on the meds dude.

I could use another 351C block for a spare, have anything already out and/or apart Milo?

Pretty much everyone I have tried to call east of the Rockies is in deep snow right now. Probably including you. Now if those cats come with snow blowers and blades then you might get more traction.

Your lack of ambition is clearly showing in your advertisement. If you want to sell your stuff, it’s going to take some work. Spend some time coming up with a detailed description of each of the cars and include a price. Post some photographs with your ad and don’t make people ask for them.

The 71-73 buyers market is small and the sellers market is large. Your ad is going to have to stand out to attract buyers. Rather than getting mad at your potential buyers, take a look at what you have done outside of a single post with minimal information and see if you could do a little more.

Maybe this was his marketing plan. Getting mad and swearing at us certainly got the thread going again. :biggrin2:

This seems like a nice group stuff for someone to buy. Unfortunately I am not a fan of the big girls nor do I have the ambition or space to be dragging home any more projects.

I’m in S-W Ontario across the lake from you. I need a 72 parts car to fix my convert. thats hit in the drivers door,quarter and right front fender.
If I can talk a friend into trailering one home from Cleveland, how much do you want for one?
Thanks
Earl

Anyone know if these cars were sold.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/grbSQ6O6kbs[/YouTube]

Nope - the two complete ‘parts cars’ went to the junkyard. I didn’t have the time to be parting them out - not even for my own use! I was under a time crunch for them to be gone and there were no takers. It was a shame, but I had no choice in the matter.

I still have the two Q-code (351C-4V) cougars though.

I have a rust problem with my hardtop roof,on my 1972 mercury cougar xr7.i want to replace it with a good used one ,from a parts car. Do you have one available please contact me at kenneth.duffy71@yahoo.com if you can help me.thanks