Getting ready for Blue Collar Drags

Tried making poverty tour but my car was not ready on time… so I kicked it in high gear to get ready for Blue Collar Drags in Tucson, AZ October 10 & 11.

I have been tinkering on the drivetrain for the past couple of years and got it pretty dialed in. Since the wife decided to go I am getting the interior a little more pleasant for her. Sound deadening, new carpet, and rebuild the shifter to name a few.

Any others here planning on attending? It would be cool to see other Cougars there. I entered the long hauler class (200+ miles) My car is not fast by any means… but it’s fun!:victory_hand:

2 Likes

I hope your cooling system is solid!

It’s been a long hot :thermometer:summer here in Tucson and it isn’t too unusual to persist well into October.

Not planning to drive my car but may show up if weather cools off.

Heck, where else can you enjoy drags and Lucha Libre wrestling - wow!

2 Likes

I live in the high deserts here in California. Its been over 100 degrees here for a while now. No stranger to the heat.
The cooling system has already been gone through. New everything (I know that doesn’t mean much nowadays) I will be doing a good back flush of the system again before I leave.
It’s an 8 hr drive from where I live. Fingers crossed

1 Like

I would LOVE to drag Greeny to this show. But… Long way… And not running… SO…

2 Likes

How’s greeny coming along?

Nothing to update. Motor out. Radio silence.

Technically you still could DRAG Greeny to the show :wink:
Curious why the car came home without the engine. Maybe they didn’t have room to store it inside?

Got my interior sorted good enough to where the wife will at least sit in it. Did a major flush of the cooling system last weekend. Re-packing the wheel bearings and checking the rear diff is next on the list, along with installing a pile of seals I have gathered.
Getting excited.

Good Luck, keep us posted. What class are you running at the track, or is “long hauler” like a true street class?

Any day at the track is a good day IMHO

1 Like

Only entered in the Long Hauler class.. which seems pretty easy. (200+miles and a race within the class)
Another class I was thinking about was the $5k and under class… but at $110 each… AND i’m not fast.
Basically going for fun. I like to drive my stuff.

Just remember, in bracket racing fast don’t matter, consistency does. Good r/t and hit your dial in. Have fun for sure

1 Like