GONE - 3/4" Stam-bar rear sway bar (bonus 1" front sway bar)

Just removed these from my '68 GT.

The rear sway bar fit well and has been identified by others more knowledgeable than me as an older model Stam-bar. The end links have zerks for greasing. Includes all parts. A newer version of this is $195 at Cobra Automotive. "Stam-Bar" Rear Sway Bar Kit 1965-70 3/4'' diameter

The 1" front sway bar is also a take-off from my GT. Be aware, it interferes with the stock oil filter and I hated it. Probably would work fine on a small block car.

I am going back to the stock GT sway bar in front and nothing in back. I would be happy to send these on to anybody who wants either or both if you would pay the shipping costs.

I hope you drive this with the stock bar before you sell that. It is one of the best driveability mods you can make.

To be clear, I’m giving it away, not selling it. I have been given a lot of free advice and parts by other members of this forum and if somebody wants this they can have it for the shipping cost.

I’m sure you are correct about driveability. I’m just tired of all the “performance” mods that were done on my Cougar, including a hack-job rolling of the wheel lips that I dread having to undo when I eventually get to paint and body work.

I guess I figure the car was probably fine from the factory and since I’m not taking it to track days or driving like a maniac (much) it is probably fine to go back to that.

This maybe one of those moments where you ask how did they drive these cars like that? If nothing else you will want very good sway bar bushings. Back in the day people thought a car that really leaned over was gripping the road.

Heck, if that rear stam style bar will fit my ‘69 I’ll take it!

Send me a PM with your shipping info. I’ll let you know how much the shipping is after it’s on the way.

Very cool, PM on the way.

Edit… I sent the PM, but it does not show in my outbox or sent items. I’ll re-send if it doesn’t get to you by later today.