Good News

Oh, that’s not a problem you just need to run different offsets on the rear wheels :poke:

ROFL, B.U.F.F. style…(B52, that is…)

I am puzzled that the body shop missed this, especially when the valance was off, but then again, the bends are so clean and uniform that the shackles almost look like they’re supposed to be that way. At least it’s an easy fix.

I’m amazed by the uniformity of it and how a quick, sharp hit in just the right spot transferred evenly across the trunk floor to deform both sides. Guess it shows that the floor/gas tank combination is really pretty solid – at least from side to side.

I pulled the shackles off tonight and whacked them straight with my trusty BFH. Tomorrow I’m going to drive the car to work and see how she goes. This will be the first real drive since the accident.

You might want to have that axle checked as well to make sure it is OK.

Jody I hope everything went well with your test drive today. Any issues?
Steven

So far it drives straight and everything seems ok. But I haven’t gone out on the highway yet. The axle still is about 3/8 inch offset to the left, but maybe the springs just need to settle in a bit. Or it could be that the new quarter section is off slightly.

Did they remove the axle from the leafs during surgery at all? Could be misaligned during reassembly? Or, if they didn’t touch it, could have been shifted in the U-bolts from the hit, and just not noticed by the rehab team? Just thoughts.

Oohhh! Shiny new bumper at last.

Many hour later…

Getting the beast aligned was a major pain in the backside, but it’s finally at the “close enough” point. If I ever take it off again, just shoot me in the head.

Awesome Jody. What was the total cost of the repair of the accident damage?

About $12,500.00 not including a new set of trim rings for the wheels.

Jody the Cougar looks great. Is that a new sticker on the trunk or did the trunk lid make it out of the wreck without damage?
Steven

That’s a new one, though the lid suffered only minor damage along one edge- just enough to require repainting. I plan on going to the vintage races later this month at Road America so I can get another track decal. That leave only a trip to New Glarus Brewery to make things right.