GT-E At Barrett Jackson

My dad was wondering about this Cougar that is being previewed for Scottsdale in January. I was wondering if this is the one that was rebodied. It looks familiar.

Auction Preview

If it is the one that was though to be a rebody, the person in Washington state who bought it proved it WAS NOT a rebody. He ended up getting a deal on it.

Well, this looks like a really nice car. I wonder what it will go for…

Unfortunately every red GT-E that comes up for sale now will trigger this discussion again.

If I was interested in that GT-E or any other I would contact the registrar for more information. Far too expensive to rely on the internet.

This is NOT the car in Washington, mentioned above.

1 Like

Looks like Robin’s GT E from Carolina with the Lucas lights. Nice guy and hope it does well at auction.

4 Likes

anyone have Pictures of Interior of this car? auction lists only exterior?

Thank you
Joe

Sold 165K includes commission. Joe this GT-E was a standard interior like Brian’s A. car that was 1st GT-E sold @ Barrett’s auction a few years back.

1 Like

ah, okay. So standard red?

The one that sold a couple days ago was an XR-7, numbers matching, Cardinal red GT-E. The interior was well restored, with leather seats, console etc.

1 Like

Correct Royce, a follow up on this cardinal red 68 GTE 427 side oiler that sold at Barretts a few days ago for $150K plus fees. Here are a couple shots of it at the auction, but GTFastbacker, I didn’t get any interior shots. Very NICE car! It was staged by a really nice black on black '70 Q code 428 SCJ Eliminator that sold for $200K!

Please someone can provide some Interior Pics of that specific car? I need it for my insurance company in Germany, they don’t have a glue about GT-Es ant what they are worth…

Thank you so much
Joe

Here’s image XR7 red interior. Thought car was standard interior my bad.

1 Like

Here’s back seat.

1 Like

great ! Tahnk you so much !

I do not think those pictures show the GT-E interior. The pictures show a set of reproduction vinyl seat covers sewn incorrectly. The GT-E sold at BJ last week had correctly stitched leather and vinyl seat covers. Also the GT-E had the optional and rare headrest seat option.

I think Royce is right that it’s not the GTE interior. It also looks to be a car with A/C.
Mike

Is this the “Mustang Unlimited” Car ? because of the fog lights …

No it is not that one. He just like the XR7-G look. An extra NOS valance painted Sheffield Silver was included if you do not like them.

1 Like