Happy 5th Birthday to Classic Cougar Community .Com!

Has it been 5 years already? WOW!

Happy 5th Birthday to Classic Cougar Community Forums!

It seems like it was just yesterday, but December 23rd 2010 the forums officially kicked off in their current form.

I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am hanging out here, kicking virtual tires and telling stories. This is still so much cheaper than professional therapy!

Thanks to the many great folks that have shared your stories and experience and knowledge, and made this a fun place to hang out! Imagine how many electrons we have aggravated!

Thanks to the many members that have made very much appreciated contributions to keep the lights on.

Thanks to Jay for keeping the bad guys out and the million other things he does to keep this thing up and going.

Bill B

Bill thanks for all that you do for the Classic Cougar Community and this site. I migrated over here from MC.net after Logan sold that site. While the doors have stayed open over there so to speak the Classic Cougar Community that you and the other members have built here just seems better, at least to me. So again, thanks to you and everyone that is involved making this site what is is.
Steven

I am actually surprised that MC.Net has survived as well as it has and I am glad to see it. Lots of good information on that site. Every forum is only as good as the members and we have the best.

Congrats to all involved here. I came over when I got put in detention over on that other site. I’ll give my contribution as I turn the calendar to the new year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year everyone!!

hmm… forgot i was 3 days late, as usual…

it DID turn out to be what you aimed for though, didn’t it :beerchug:

i do fondly remember the first steps

Jean

Happy Birthday CCC!

Wow, can’t believe it has been 5 years already. As they say, time flies when you are having fun.

Bill, thanks for starting this up, and maintaining it ~ and making all the various changes and improvements that you have over the years!

Might have spoken too soon - getting 404s at MC.Net

This is a great site. I’ve certainly benefited greatly from the expertise here, and enjoy reading about what’s going on in the world of Cougars. I hadn’t logged in to MC.net in a long time, so I just did and it worked. I just don’t have time to keep up with two message boards though, so I’m going to just stick with checking in here.

Wow! I didn’t realize it has been around that long–very cool! :beerchug:

These milestones are important to recognize. I’ve only been a member for about half it’s life thus far. I don’t plan on going anywhere and very much value all aspects of this site.

Great job Bill and all others involved in its functioning. :beerchug:

It will be interesting to see how Facebook effects forums like this. It is so much easier for people to post pictures and chit chat on Facebook that I believe it is going to really erode the number of people on forums. My hope is that forum software will improve, but since it is not funded with the billions of $$ Facebook has, it looks grim.

The bad thing about face book is that everything you post there is essentially lost. I don’t see anyone investing any time to provide useful answers to tech questions. There are lots of wrong and misleading answers though.