Happy Birthday to the Classic Cougar Community Forums

December 23rd 2010 was the big kick off for the forums. As a few old timers may remember it was a kind of a big deal.

When did you first join the forum and what do you recall from our first 12 years?

1 Like

Joined in Aug 2011. Doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. Overall, I would say this is a great forum and a place to share/gain insight & information. I haven’t always agreed with some of the postings or member comments but overall, it has been a positive experience. Keep up the great work to all of you who help keep it up and running.

I joined in 2014. My dad and I were on the old Mercurycougar.net for probably 10 years before that. I had the same screen name there while my dad went as TheXrcist. He’s since passed away. He’d spend what seemed like hours typing up a too-long answer to a post, getting hot and bothered if he disagreed with someone.

This is a nice forum. Facebook has a lot more activity but the information quality is hit or miss (mostly miss) and the archive / search function is a joke.

The build threads are great, I’ve leaned a lot from the ones I’ve ready. Looking at you Kerry with your 428 GTE!

I joined on Nov 29, '11. Used the same user name I have at Mercurycougar.net. Thanks to Bill for bringing us this fine site.

I was among the first to join back in late December of 2010. There was a glitch in 2011 and I had to sign up again. But this is, by far, a great forum for Cougar enthusiasts. Thanks Bill, and your tech guru.

Thank you to Jay & Bill. Many years have passed with enjoyable topics, great knowledge passed along & as always we have learned so much.
Thanks also to the past torch bearers who gave their time to put on shows across the nation & world, brought the Cats to the digital world & opened many a garage door.
Bringing sequenced light to the Mercury Cougar!

Thanks all!

Happy Birthday! Guess I am new blood having joined April 17, 2019. Thanks for the great and informative site.

Thanks for all that you do behind the scenes to keep this place alive. We are all lucky to have a forum like this in an age of social media driven content that is all about instant gratification. Forums like these make sure information is more searchable and accessible for everything down the road.

I know it’s been a huge asset for my project!

It was more than “Kind of a Big Deal” (Ron Burgundy). We all escaped the MC.Net! December 25th, 2011, was my first post on the CCC.I was on here pretty much every day and made some good friends along the way. July 2013 was pretty damn special as my '68 had the honor of being voted the ROTM.

1 Like