Header repaint

Thought Patriots would fit the old Galaxie, but it wasn’t meant to be. So I pulled, blasted, and repainted what was on it. They were for a Cougar chassis, and the pass side fit, but no dice on driver side. Guess what my next project on my Cougar is now.

Anyhow, some pics of my freshly painted Headers installed on my '65 Galaxie.

Looks good.

Hopefully they will last long enough for me to find out exactly what chassis they are for so I can get some replacements in ceramic. You can find headers for a big block Galaxie all day long, but nothing for a small block. You can see the dings and the spot I missed. I did touch it up. I think the whole neighborhood ended up with a buzz when I started it up and the paint baked on (lol). How’s your car coming along? It’s been a while since I’ve seen a post on anything about it as of late. If you can see where the coil is mounted next to the alternator in the first picture, that’s where I ended up mounting the one on my '68. There just isn’t a lot of room on top of a 289 when you put on a dual feed carb (lol).

Mine has been hibernating. I got the second cougar in november and have it stored safely on another property. I don’t have anywhere for it here right now. I need to sell or part out the black one this spring. I think it will be a slow year for me doing anything aside from driving. Hopefully next winter will have a little bit more of a budget to work with.

Not gonna’ keep the drag sled, huh? That’s too bad. I really like the way that one looks. Reminds me of the cars that used to get me in trouble back in the day (lol).

This second one is in way better shape. The black one is rougher than pictures show. This one will eventually end up very similar to that one. Just alot safer. Probably buying a set of torque thrust style wheels, grey centers polished lip. After i get them i can look at ride height and stance

Cool. Even if the old one is rough, it still has that sinister “Darth Vader’s Hot Rod” vibe. That’s why I like it. Still good to hear you’ve saved another one that might be a little easier to get how you want it. You know what opinions are like, but for my money, the Torque Thrust is one of the best looking wheels for an early Cougar.