Hi from Nebraska. I am a new member and first time owning a Cougar

I just bought this car and hope to have a fun time working on it. Not sure how far I will take it since I am kind of into the not so perfect mode for a classic ATM. I will post more details when I get a chance to really go through the car. It is a 69 Cougar convertible with 351 Cleveland and has AC. I was told it was an XR7 but no decals that say it is. I am guessing I can run the VIN and find out?
IMG_0123.PNG

Looks like a fun driver. My convertible is kind of in that class too. For what it is worth, 1969 Cougars did not leave the factory with a 351 Cleveland. They would have had 351 Windsors in them. That doesn’t mean yours doesn’t have a Clevland. I would need a picture of what is there. As for of it is a XR-7, look at your VON. If it starts 9F94***** Then it is a XR-7.

Thanks for the feed back. I will look at the VIN when I get to the car. I probably spoke wrong about the motor. I am having the car delivered later today.

[CCCGallery][/CCCGallery]Welcome from another new member up in Canada on Vancouver Island

[CCCGallery][/CCCGallery]

Welcome!

Welcome. Other XR-7 clues: aluminum trim on the tops of the doors (where you rest your arm on a sunny day), tachometer, clock on the passenger side, burlwood decals on the gauge faces, radio bezel, etc.

I am looking for the small round spring that goes on the door latch that holds up the lock rod. Hope I am explaining that correctly. Also where do I go to get the door panel material to redo them or find a new green one? Thanks,

Mike