Holley List 4088, C8AF-9510-AD, on ebay

According to your earlier post yours are 7A2. Was that not correct?

I have a 705 dated 4088.

Thanks. I’ll add it to the list.

brain fart ! :open_mouth: I checked all pictures I take from them, all 4 pcs. are 7A2
sorry for confusion…

I have a 964 sitting on the shelf and a 7A2 on my car.

964 would be the third different for service replacements. I’m surprised there’s that many.

Ford probably sold more of these carburetors through the Autolite Hi Per Parts catalog and the OHO catalogs than they ever put on cars.

Were they really a big seller? Most went missing when they were swapped for a better performing carb. What would have been the appeal? Just because it was in the catalog?

I don’t have the catalog in front of me but from memory it was recommended for upgrading a 289 or 302. It would also be a huge upgrade if you had a 390 equipped with the Autolite 440 CFM model 4100 carb. Or a 390 equipped with the later Autolite 4300.

934 date code at the Columbus swap meet. Restored (looked great) and asking $1250.

A little pricey for a service replacement isn’t that? Restoration is worth $700, is the carb worth $550?

$1250 swap meet price, the seller was probably leaving himself some room to come down and still get the final selling price that they wanted.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Is there contact information on this carb? Bart may want to purchase it.

Rob

Seller wasn’t at the table, and Al was looking for that older date code. I didn’t go back.

Royce sold Bart his spare!! Thanks Royce!!!

Rob

I’ll add another date code 781

Updated the list to add the new discovery.

What are these carbs actually selling for these days? i have 2 and only need one for my car. im not sure of the date codes but can look tomorrow.

Mike

Condition and date code determine value. You have given us neither, so it is not possible to say what it / they might sell for.

My GTE is a May build and has a 7A2-7LB carb on it. It is the original carb.