How to mount passenger side mirror? RivNuts?

You should do commercials…LMAO.

I came up with a nice absurd ghetto solution to the rivnut thing for my Bronco while I wait to place my order with WCCC where I’ll get the proper rivnut stuffs. A coat hanger!! Put the mirror in place, bent up a piece of coat hanger just right so I could fish it in one hole and out the other, pulled it tight, wrapped it up good and tight and voila!! Side mirror in place, temporarily. Safety abounds!!

Up here, if you have mirror on both sides, you can go without the rear view on the windshield. Don’t have the rh, so… a clothespin on the sunvisor helps keep me seeing rearways instead of the console.

Tmh when you place your order with WCCC check out the spoiler I linked below. It’s listed for a 67-79 Cougar but it would go good with your mirror set up on the Bronco. :poke: :laughing:
Steven

http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/rnspoiler.html

LMAO!!! Hey Bundy, that would make the Dodge go faster like a new pair of sneakers from the shoe store! careful though! too much tilt on the spoiler and you’ll be draggin’ yer tailpipe!
bundy.jpg

That spoiler would be PERFECT!! Except, there’s already only a couple inches clearance between the top of the Bronco and the garage door. Hmmmm…

Got it!!! The spoiler would be perfect, on the hood!!! But I’ll probably make my own. Instead of nice lumber like that, I’m thinking it might look cooler if I just used a few logs, with the bark still on em and everything?

NOW yer thinkin’ outside of the bark!

I bought the “pliers” at harbor freight years ago. AMK sells the inserts and / or the screws. The orig kit came w/ alum inserts, so I did not use them, just the good ones from AMK

So Don mentioned that the cool cheap tool is available for the metal ones-- is it not required for the rubber ones? Because I’m buying them both for the passenger side mirror I’m getting for the Cougar and also for the mirrors on the Bronco (which had rivnuts for the mirrors which were ripped out, likely leaving the holes a little too big for the metal rivnuts to work right) I’m just gonna order 5 pairs of the rubber ones. Do I need the tool?

The rubber ones do not require a tool, they expand when you tighten the mounting screw (and contract when you loosen the mounting screw).

Rubber ones do not work very well. They loosen over time and allow the mirrior to vibrate . Then you can’t see anything out of the mirror…