I never thought

Got the 2nd cleaned up last night!
IMG_0957.JPG

So I had nice day out with the Colonel yesterday and my 14 year old son.

I replaced the inlet hoses to carb and found one with crack through to the braid. Also plugged a vacuum port on the carb that was causing an extreme high idle. Pics to follow later.

What’s even crazier. When I pulled the spare tire out of the trunk and I took a closer look. I’m wondering if I might have an original spare tire?

Of course I didn’t get a picture to do more research!

Not sure how this will appear. Brought it back with me to clean up.

Before

After

Original?! I thinks so. Need to clean it up. Any date code to look for? Or are going to make we wait till Monday to watch Dons video?

Thanks

Ed

I doubt it’s a usable spare!

Got the front bumper cleaned up and polished as well. Kind of a before and after shot.

Next visit I think I will pull the valve covers, bring them back to clean them up. Then reinstall with new gaskets on the following trip. New plug wires and distributor cap.

I was able to adjust the timing and carb a bit and get the vacuum up from 10 to 16

Definitely noticed a improvement in performance. It’s not squealing tires yet.

Changed the oil and noticed what looked like little flecks of brass. Also added the zinc additive as well

It was hot and I poured the 5w30 into it instead of the 10w 40 and that went in the Subaru. Uggh

Gave the center console a good cleaning.

The flash on my phone washed out the green.

Before and after

What I thought was rust

Was nicotine stains!

Got center console lights working! Just needed new bulbs :slight_smile:

Just need the linkage rod from shifter to shift indicator.

Anyone know the length I can probably make my own?

Just gave notice to tenants so soon full time with the car.

I am here full time! Renters are out. There’s a lot to be done in the house the next few months so I’m working on that.

Talking to my 15 year old about photo shoot ops for this year’s WCCC calendar. And we have some great ideas.

With gas at over $4 a gallon here in town I am slowly getting a few 5 gallon gas cans to fill up on my way back from work. Company truck and gas card for commute. Then fill the containers on my dime where it’s 80 cents cheaper.

Told my wife. One night out of the week is for the Colonel. I have an extra Weber gas grill I can roll out and grill dinner. While I work. She just needs to bring the food out to the detached garage. She’s ok with that!

New shifter linkage to bulb slider indicator

Courtesy light bulbs.

I never have really taken it out after nightfall.

I’m suprised how well the pic came out on my IPhone.

For all I know they could be original or slightly newer since poor maintenance after dad and left to their son?

So last month wife has mammogram. Long story short. Non aggressive breast cancer. Thankful for friends in Bay Area with bio med back grounds.

Kelly is has been staying friends for the past few weeks. She was supposed to be up here last weekend full time.

Rough times. Thought I was done with running back and forth to the bay.

Work on house here over rides work on car.

So thankful for her friends taking care of her there. Hoping she can be here around the first of December!

My wife is here!

Breast cancer on the minor side. Still consults to go through and then compare and constrast.

No Chemo thankfully! Just radiation therapy.

Here or back down in the Bay Area?

So thankful for friends in this transition difficulty.

Oh yes the Cougar fires up and runs just as always!

hey ed, sorry to hear about the wife. I just might have the shift indicator linkage you need, i will dig up what it looks like on the internet and check my parts stash. I put an aftermarket shifter in my stock console last summer so i should have those parts, assuming they were good in my car before that.

or you can go this route, since it’s plastic the old ones might break again. https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/19coshserodr.html

Over 4.00 a gallon? It’s 2.03 here as of this afternoon. Bay area? Poor thing! lol I love Tahoe but I can’t stand what happened to California. I am a native and I will never return, not even for a visit. 11 years as a CHP. I get ran down with by a drunk illegal with two prior convictions. I have had 22 surgeries because of him and the state forced me to retire at 38 on a partial pension. I decided I couldn’t do that at 38. Thank God for miracles.
I am based out of KDFW and have been here since 2003. I am sorry to hear about the spousal unit. I pray for a full recovery.
Good luck on your Cougar. If they do what they’re talking about you may have to register it in Nevada.
-Keith