I wasn't prepared for this

LOL, she’s not the only one, Bill…lots of folks like that. I sum up that decision-making process as this: “think about it, talk about it, do nothing”

the worst comment we received with my wifes 73 vert was "hey buddy nice Oldsmobile!"ouch… :unamused:

I actually had someone who is old enough to know what a Cougar is ask me what mine was. What’s crazy is I when I get the thumbs up from senior citizens when I’m in my wife’s '79 Tbird. I don’t let my wife drive mine much. She has too much fun hazing the hides.

My personal best so far in 5 months of ownership was this past week - A guy driving a 2015 Lamborghini Aventador chased me down to look at my '70 vert. Sadly he wouldn’t trade straight up…

Oh Crap… My Cougar project is for my son when he turns 16… Hopefully all the young chickies only appreciate the rice burners.

Everywhere I go there is people wanting to see and talk about it. Love it.

Sadly I think you are probably right on. My sister wants me to look for a car for my niece so I asked her what she wanted “Audi, BMW etc.” she said. I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I offered to GIVE her my '79 Trans Am that is in good condition and she turned it down. Very few kids today have decent taste in cars. And these are the kids that will inherit (and probably sell) my Cougars when I die. Scary thought. lol

I offered to GIVE her my '79 Trans Am that is in good condition and she turned it down. Very few kids today have decent taste in cars.

Uh…

The '71 convert gets a fair number of looks, but for some reason - this is the rig that stopped traffic. I think the color played a part…

Awesome! My Aunt had a yellow Torino GT when I was a kid that had that same “fade” stripe. I could see why people take a second look at it. It’s a cool ride. I get more thumbs up in my wife’s '79 tbird than my '68, and I get even more when I’m in my '65 Galaxie (factory hubcaps, old man wide whitewalls, the whole 9 yds.). Never ceases to amaze me. I think a lot of people just have a hard time figuring out what the Cougar is. That being said, when they get it, they get it, and will do a u-turn just to give you a thumbs up, or get a second look. I’ve had that happen on the way home from work.

Great read I have been getting the same experiences, a lot of heads turn just about break there necks.