I wasn't prepared for this

I’ve only made a few short trips maybe 10 miles each way getting my new to me 68 tagged and registered. But you’d think I was driving a Viper or a Ferrari with all the thumbs up and waves I get. I think it’s partly the novelty of a clean Cougar as opposed to a more common Mustang. I don’t know, but I’m gonna start shaving and combing my hair and dressing better when I go out in this car!

I know what you mean. Many have never seen one before and will ask “What type of car is that?”.

Or they’ll just say, “Nice Mustang!”… :dogpile:

Or nice Challenger/Cuda…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7Qz640OeM

I used to do that, until I realised they were looking at the car and not looking at me at all! Now I drive nude and nobody seems to notice.

get used to it, you will see heads turning and people you don’t know wanting to talk to you. I’ve had people at gas stations ask if they can take pictures; women at stop lights wanting to be my best friend; and countless others, the best of which will be a fellow Cougar owner who will make a U-turn to see where you are going so he/she can talk to you. For the record, I think some of the women prefer the unshaven look, but comb your hair for Christ’s sake!

I posted this a couple of years ago and I still laugh!

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/hilarious-comment-from-a-stranger-yesterday/2389/1 :laughing:

These cars are often called “chick magnets”… But wait until you put your wife in one alone. When she gets back ask her why she is smirking.

Yep - the wife went out and ran out to a few places in the Cougar.
She called it a “Man Magnet” and now refuses to let me be buried in it.

I’m always amazed at the number of random women at car shows and cruise-ins that tell the tale of the year she and her husband “almost bought” a Cougar but was downvoted by the significant other for some other Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger…the ladies REALLY loved the Cougar back in the day. And many are going ahead and getting one now.

It was really a treat to sell my '68 White car to a 66 year old lady last year…she had this exact story and was not going to be denied, and she was planning on the car being her daily driver. She basically had to wait for her husband to die, but she seemed to think it was worth it :wink:

Jeff Bingaman said she was at the Prowl with the car last Summer. That’s just awesome.

This is why my wife pretty much gets whatever she wants. I’m worth too much to her dead to give her any more incentives! Fortunately, she isn’t really a material girl. She likes her money in the bank, not in things.

It may be possible our wives are relatives. Mine doesn’t like jewelry, flowers, OR shopping.

It’s funny when they say “is that the Dukes of Hazzard car?”

Mine thinks Taco Bell and a thimble of beer is a night on the town. :smiley:

You guys have great wives. My X couldn’t understand how there was no money when she still had checks left in the check book.

Mine too! Unfortunately, she thinks that I should live the same way… “why do you need to buy that car part?”

Funny, we had to go in to the bank to update our profile data and we both joked that it was our first “date” together without the kid in a long time, “Don’t say I never take you anywhere!” LOL!

Mine too! Unfortunately, she thinks that I should live the same way… “why do you need to buy that car part?”
[/quote]

ROFL, here also.

My standard response: “Because if I didn’t spend some of it, we’d NEVER SPEND A DIME!”…

My wife is of Scottish heritage and her parents were very conservative, financially. So I call her my “cheap Scottish miser” because sometimes she’ll be frugal to the point of costing us more than if we’d spent the right money up front. She likes to shop; she just doesn’t like to buy. When she knows she needs to buy, she wants to feel like she got the best possible deal. She’s got the analysis paralysis thing down pat.

Analysis paralysis…love it!!!