I went to TX from Baltimore

She runs good, just a few minor glitches before being inspected.

https://youtu.be/l7CPB55Gl3s

The brake light coming on for no reason is puzzling but not dangerous.

With the 500cfm Edelbrock carb AVS & pertronix ignition, it’s a pleasure to drive. While no cougar will be an economy car, I don’t have to stop at nearly as many gas stations as before.

← Charm City Native from the Lakeland neighborhood.

Nice to see the cat on the road. Hoping to get mine there soon.

This is want you need to fix that exhaust leak.

Renaming Mt Raineir?

I need a wrench that’ll get the bolt on the underside of the pipe. The socket set only fully gets the bolt on top.

That’s probably a job for when I get home.

My apology, that was not what I had intended to post. This is…

That story I had looked at and posted to a friend on Facebook earlier. I don’t know how come my intended copy and past did not happen and I shoud have looked closer. But for S & G I am going to leave it.

There might even be a 1% chance of an auto parts store having that part. I’ll check a few. Still, I doubt it’s essential just to get the vehicle home in one piece.

Yes, that gasket is entirely missing.

The first leg of the trip, from Baltimore MD to Tyler TX was absolutely amazing.

It’s good to shakedown the car to expose the glitches so I can fix them.

If I can find that gasket, it looks like I can install it without fully detaching the bolts. If not, just turn up the volume on the stereo system for now.

The entire gasket is physically missing because the separation was enough for it to fall out.

These cars ride SO much better then more modern vehicles that driver fatigue is a lot less.

Snackage from the road trip.

In VA, the mask-holes are to superstitious to allow people to dine in, forcing me to use the trunk as a dinner table.

I explained that I already had and recovered from the Corona virus, last quarantine day was January 22nd of this year. They agreed that my risk of infecting anyone was exactly zero but couldn’t budge one bit.

The manager was impressed by the car and apologized for making me eat outside during a windy day. He said he even called corporate but they said no way.

Even more snackage

I got back safe. Interesting trip, vapor lock was an annoying problem. My starter might never forgive me.